Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

One of the highest honors as a woman *Updated with a question*

I agree with this.

Here is the Blog article that goes along with it and It makes me agree with that statement even more.

http://time-warp-wife.blogspot.ca/2013/02/becoming-woman-of-influence.html

Update with a question

For those of you that disagree, why? This perplexes me, because it does not say ONLY, is says One of the highest honors, which means there is room for others. And why wouldn't someone be Honored to be their husbands wife? I don't understand.I honestly do think that a woman has a lot of influence on her husband,and her children as well.

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Replies (141-144):
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Well I know for *MY* own life, I agree with this wholeheartedly.  I am honored that such a wonderful man has chosen me to be his life-long partner.  

I also believe that I am a very influential source in his life.  My DH has taken his education in his own hands.  He is going to start the steps toward getting his GED Monday and hopefully we will get him in college in August.  I believe my encouragement and support has led him to this decision.  I also believe the fact that I have made it so far in my own education (I am graduating in May with my BS and just had a graduate school interview last week) that he now feels that he is capable of doing the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 24, 2013 at 4:22 AM
Well at least we can agree that being a wife is an honor. Personally I believe being a mother is the highest honor a woman can have. I pretty much agreed with what you said and very well defined.
Quoting wilesmomma:

It has everything to do with everything. Not just feminism, but family values, personal beliefs, yes it is an honor to be in a loving relationship with your partner. Everything is connected in some way. It is an honor to have children you love and care for. But to say that those are the highest honors would just be absurd. Especially because you can't speak for every woman. If that is your highest honor to you personally that's great. But to say that for all women like the op implied, I simply disagree.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't agree, it was more socially acceptable then than it is now. I believe when you're in a loving marriage both the husband and wife are hnred and blessed to have each other, especially being parents to their children. It has nthing to d with feminism, but everything to do with respect.

Quoting wilesmomma:

But now it's more socially acceptable for women in abused relationships to leave even if that means they have to receive assistance. We are more encouraging of women to be independent and not play the wife and mommy role alone. Back in the 50's women were looked down upon for wanting their own indepence. That's not the case in this day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Even though more women are career minded now, many women are dependent on their husbands financially as I believe it's the husband's responsibility to provide for his family. Many women are fnancially dependent on their husbands who are abused moreso now than back then and have nowhere to go or a support system.

Quoting wilesmomma:

Of course it was. Most women could not survive finacially without their dh. Most did not have real careers or a proper education. Have you ever seen a 1950's textbook for a woman? Pathetic really.

Quoting Anonymous:

The divorce rate was a lot lower back then too, just sayin.

Quoting wilesmomma:

Sounds very 1950's
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wilesmomma
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM
I must say it truly has been nice having an adult discussion with you. You don't find that too often on here lol. I hope you had a nice weekend. I hope to run into you again sometime.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well at least we can agree that being a wife is an honor. Personally I believe being a mother is the highest honor a woman can have. I pretty much agreed with what you said and very well defined.
Quoting wilesmomma:

It has everything to do with everything. Not just feminism, but family values, personal beliefs, yes it is an honor to be in a loving relationship with your partner. Everything is connected in some way. It is an honor to have children you love and care for. But to say that those are the highest honors would just be absurd. Especially because you can't speak for every woman. If that is your highest honor to you personally that's great. But to say that for all women like the op implied, I simply disagree.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't agree, it was more socially acceptable then than it is now. I believe when you're in a loving marriage both the husband and wife are hnred and blessed to have each other, especially being parents to their children. It has nthing to d with feminism, but everything to do with respect.

Quoting wilesmomma:

But now it's more socially acceptable for women in abused relationships to leave even if that means they have to receive assistance. We are more encouraging of women to be independent and not play the wife and mommy role alone. Back in the 50's women were looked down upon for wanting their own indepence. That's not the case in this day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Even though more women are career minded now, many women are dependent on their husbands financially as I believe it's the husband's responsibility to provide for his family. Many women are fnancially dependent on their husbands who are abused moreso now than back then and have nowhere to go or a support system.

Quoting wilesmomma:

Of course it was. Most women could not survive finacially without their dh. Most did not have real careers or a proper education. Have you ever seen a 1950's textbook for a woman? Pathetic really.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wilesmomma:

Sounds very 1950's
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this
It was nice talking to you and a breath of fresh air actually having an adult and respectful discussion especially on CM which is almost unheard of, lol. Have a wonderful week.

Quoting wilesmomma:

I must say it truly has been nice having an adult discussion with you. You don't find that too often on here lol. I hope you had a nice weekend. I hope to run into you again sometime.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wilesmomma:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wilesmomma:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wilesmomma:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wilesmomma:

Sounds very 1950's
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN