Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Condoms in school

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
Discuss....

My local school district which is farely large. They just started offering condoms via the school nurse. I myself think its a good idea, if teens are gunna 'do it' they might as well be protected.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytoacloud
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Yes good idea. Personaly i will take my son to the health department myself at a certain age he can get condoms he can always talk to me
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM
We have always had condoms in the boys bathroom in my district. I think its awesome though I believe they should be in both boys and girls bathrooms. We don't have school nurses here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Sounds fine to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andrealeeanne
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Yes, good idea.

gizmo538
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Might as well. If they're gunna do it, I'd rather them use protection.

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's a great idea.  I also think that there should be a whole class dedicated to sex education.  The high school I went to had a semester long health class, only half a year, and I think that the other half of the year should have been aimed at sex (the health class spent two classes on it - a total of approximately 90 minutes).

I wonder if some students might be too embarrassed to actually procure one from the nurse, though.  I say that because my brother had a child young and he admit to me that he didn't wear condoms because it's, and I quote, "way too embarrassing to actually ask for them!"

-.- 

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM

i support it. if they are going to do it, they should be do it safley. not only against pregnancy but also stds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Condoms in schools yes because it protects them,  morning after pill I am against.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM

i think it's a great idea.  kids are going to have sex, why not teach them to do it safely?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Nope, I do not approve. And one of the many, many reasons why I am homeschooling my children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)