Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Condoms in school

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
Discuss....

My local school district which is farely large. They just started offering condoms via the school nurse. I myself think its a good idea, if teens are gunna 'do it' they might as well be protected.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytoacloud
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Yes good idea. Personaly i will take my son to the health department myself at a certain age he can get condoms he can always talk to me
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM
We have always had condoms in the boys bathroom in my district. I think its awesome though I believe they should be in both boys and girls bathrooms. We don't have school nurses here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Sounds fine to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andrealeeanne
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM

Yes, good idea.

gizmo538
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Might as well. If they're gunna do it, I'd rather them use protection.

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's a great idea.  I also think that there should be a whole class dedicated to sex education.  The high school I went to had a semester long health class, only half a year, and I think that the other half of the year should have been aimed at sex (the health class spent two classes on it - a total of approximately 90 minutes).

I wonder if some students might be too embarrassed to actually procure one from the nurse, though.  I say that because my brother had a child young and he admit to me that he didn't wear condoms because it's, and I quote, "way too embarrassing to actually ask for them!"

-.- 

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM

i support it. if they are going to do it, they should be do it safley. not only against pregnancy but also stds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Condoms in schools yes because it protects them,  morning after pill I am against.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM

i think it's a great idea.  kids are going to have sex, why not teach them to do it safely?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Nope, I do not approve. And one of the many, many reasons why I am homeschooling my children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN