Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have You Ever Met Online??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
1 mom liked this
Well.. have any of you moms met someone online? How did it go? What did you do the first time meeting?
I've been talking to someone online and now that we are planning on an exact date to meet, I'm super nervous.
He is super sweet and always makes me smile, or feel better about anything.
No one has ever treated me this way so that makes me even more nervous to not mess it up.
Plus my past relationship made me really insecure so I'm extremely quiet and shy...
Just looking for a little in put.. anything would help!!

Omg thank you all for replying!! I went from.super nervous to overly excited!! All of your success stories. I didn't realize how common it is!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I did, I met my husband online twelve years ago.  we went to dinner for our first date, and it was more enjoyable than any first date I'd ever been on.  as crazy as it sounds, we both knew that day that we would marry the other, though we didn't actually take the plunge for almost 4 more years.

Stephd710
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I've met a ton!! That's the only way I can date these days. I will tell you this, he seems perfect and charming now but they all are online. They are all lying in some way shape or form. Look out for married guys as well. Also, I've had nothing but bad luck with military men. First meetings and usually just dinner. If I like the guy I will suggest drinks after.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Just hope he looks like his pic.lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Aw that's so sweet!! That's what I want! But Idont want to make it seem like that.

Quoting ff-princess:

I did, I met my husband online twelve years ago.  we went to dinner for our first date, and it was more enjoyable than any first date I'd ever been on.  as crazy as it sounds, we both knew that day that we would marry the other, though we didn't actually take the plunge for almost 4 more years.

ff-princess
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:44 PM

forgot to say - my advice would be to be who you really are, from the very first moment you meet.  start, as you mean to continue.  I never put up any false fronts in front of my husband, it was one of those "this is who I am, and if you can't handle it say so now because I'm not about to pull a switch on you after we get married."

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:44 PM

All I can say is be very very careful, ever see the show Catfish? Good luck :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Wow you really had nothing good to.say lol. I don't want another asshole but Idk he really seems different.

Quoting Stephd710:

I've met a ton!! That's the only way I can date these days. I will tell you this, he seems perfect and charming now but they all are online. They are all lying in some way shape or form. Look out for married guys as well. Also, I've had nothing but bad luck with military men. First meetings and usually just dinner. If I like the guy I will suggest drinks after.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM
He's sent a bunch and some that I make him take that second so I think it's safe to say he will lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Just hope he looks like his pic.lol

Stephd710
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:47 PM
That's what I have said about every guy I have met online. Lol! Not trying to bring you down, just don't get your hopes up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow you really had nothing good to.say lol. I don't want another asshole but Idk he really seems different.

Quoting Stephd710:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I will but I feel like I'll get too clingy because I've never had someone so nice before

Quoting ff-princess:

forgot to say - my advice would be to be who you really are, from the very first moment you meet.  start, as you mean to continue.  I never put up any false fronts in front of my husband, it was one of those "this is who I am, and if you can't handle it say so now because I'm not about to pull a switch on you after we get married."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured