Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't understand adults who don't DRIVE.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 290 Replies

Being a parent, driving is almost a job requirement.

Besides, you NEED to drive to get anywhere by yourself. 

I'm not talking here about people who don't have a car or can't afford it. I'm talking about people who REFUSE to get a license or drive a car. 

Just WHY?? Why don't you just get a license and drive a car? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Don't have an answer, neither do I.

Katalystic
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM
4 moms liked this

Really just didn't want to... And oh my gosh- the drama- how people freak out and try to FORCE you to get a license! I think that was moreso my problem- I'm stubborn as a mule and when everyone started pushing, I pushed back.

One day, I decided, "Hey- I want my license!" and went and got it. I was like 23 or 24 by then.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:11 PM
9 moms liked this
Not your business. Unless they are bugging you for rides.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I agree! I have a friend who can afford a car easily- but refuses to drive. I think she's lazy. I'm done driving her everywhere! I love driving. I find it relaxing lol, even in bad traffic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Sounds like you have a few control "issues".

Quoting Katalystic:

Really just didn't want to... And oh my gosh- the drama- how people freak out and try to FORCE you to get a license! I think that was moreso my problem- I'm stubborn as a mule and when everyone started pushing, I pushed back.

One day, I decided, "Hey- I want my license!" and went and got it. I was like 23 or 24 by then.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:11 PM
4 moms liked this

I have had a license for decades....

I Stopped driving for over 12 years....

WHY??? Because I wanted to. I hate driving in NYC....these damn Yankees can't drive for crap & the immigrants really can't drive for crap, lol

When I moved to LI then I started driving again.....they are semi-normal out here, lol

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I got my license about a year and a half ago, I'm going to be 26 this year.

I've always been able to walk everywhere, even after having my kid. I am very glad I did get my license, because we finally had time for me to learn and take my test.

I wasn't able to get it at 16 like my brothers were. My family didn't want me to drive because they thought I'd be a wreck behind the wheel. We also didn't have the money for both my twin and I to get our licenses at the same time, so his needs came first because he had a job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Years ago I broke up with a wonderful guy I was head over heels for because he just refused to get his license. I live in Michigan and he's in Canada. It was always me driving 5 hours to go see him. No amount of talking helped. It absolutely broke my heart to break up with him, but I couldn't take the distance and being the only one who made the effort to see each other
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:11 PM
DF doesn't want to get his licence but he is for our son and because he has to if he wants to be a cop. He's scared of driving. Our system is a bit different though. He has his learners and now has to get his new drivers after two years of that he can get his full licence.
spicy_n_sweet
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:12 PM
4 moms liked this

I do not need to drive to get any where. That's one of the benefits of living in the city. No car needed. The amount of money I save (and have saved for my 20 years of not owning a car) is pretty sweet.

I refuse to own a car. I do not need one I do not want one.  I've had a driver's license for over 30 years, I haven't owned a car in 20.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)