Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is what I want! =D

This is a Bios Urn, a completely biodegradable urn that contains a single tree seed. When planted, the tree seed is nourished by and absorbs the nutrients from the ashes. The urn itself is made from coconut shell and contains compacted peat and cellulose. The ashes are mixed with this, and the seed placed inside. You can even choose which type of tree you'd like to grow!

So which would you prefer; leaving behind a tree or a tombstone?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:12 PM
3 moms liked this
My best friend has it in his will that he is cremated and that I am to grow a pot plant mixed with his ashes

Quoting shortcakes13:

Have u seen "how high"? This reminds me of it... lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ausomezombie2.0
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

i opened this hoping it was this :) i saw this today and im sold i am so doing it...

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, I love it! I want to be cremated and what a wonderful way to have a piece of you, create life even after your death!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I'm an organ donor. What's left of me I want to be buried so that my kids will have a place to go an grieve.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM
And plant it where? At a family members' house? Because houses get sold and eventually deteriorate. Your great great great grandchildren won't have a gravesite to visit. I can walk out to one certain cemetary and visit all kinds of relatives I never got to meet, and read what day they were born and the day that they died - along with their full name. A tree? No thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Susan0805:

I'm an organ donor. What's left of me I want to be buried so that my kids will have a place to go an grieve.

I am an organ donor too. My kids will have a tree if they really need a place to go and grieve. My mother died 10 years ago and I've only gone to the cemetery where she was buried once and I will never go back, I hate it with a passion. I don't need to go there to remember her.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

And plant it where? At a family members' house? Because houses get sold and eventually deteriorate. Your great great great grandchildren won't have a gravesite to visit. I can walk out to one certain cemetary and visit all kinds of relatives I never got to meet, and read what day they were born and the day that they died - along with their full name. A tree? No thanks.

I despise cemetaries. I feel they are a waste of space. You can plant the tree in a special area where they have fond memories but I really don't expect anyone to come back and "visit" me.

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm going to be cremated and turned into a diamond. they compressed cremated remains into diamonds. I can't stand the thought of being buried.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jcothrine
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:20 PM

i'd rather a little dog pee than being eaten by worms... just sayin'

JC

Quoting Anonymous:

neither cause i dont want a dog to pee on me?

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Quoting klespeedy0205:

I'm going to be cremated and turned into a diamond. they compressed cremated remains into diamonds. I can't stand the thought of being buried.

That is an interesting idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured