Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you be mad? School/Bus related

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I get a call from my mom this afternoon telling me I need to call the school ASAP. My kindergartener rides the bus to her house every day. When she got off she told her the bus driver picked up a man off the side of the road and he sat with her. I was livid. I called the school right away and spoke with the principal. She told me that it was Mr. N and he was a new sub bus driver and was learning the route. Fine I have no problem with that, if would have been on bus the entire time. The bus driver never told my child who this man was or what he was doing. He is complete stranger to her. Not to mention the 6 year old that was held hostage from a mad man on a bus. I feel like my concerns were dismissed and the principal acted like I shouldn't be concerned because he is a "board of education" employee. How would you feel?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM

They do that all the time here. It is not a big deal.

CafeMom Tickers
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I don't think it's a big deal.

Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I think they should of told the little girl who he was...

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Why was the sub standing on the sided of the road? And no I wouldn't be upset if the man was indeed a new driver.

PEEK05
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see the big deal.  I would, however, have expected an introduction like "Hey kids, this is _____ a sub bus driver learning our route."

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I'd feel exceedingly relieved and that my mother was a raving loon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
You're overreacting.
KelissaMaye
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I would be mad that they didn't let parents/children know ahead of time, but I would drop the issue after finding out the story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Really? They pick up sub bus drivers off the side of the road all the time? The route was more than half over by the time this guy was let on the bus. There is no reason for a man my child doesn't to be sitting with her. She felt very uncomfortable with him there.

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

They do that all the time here. It is not a big deal.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Relieved that the man was a sub who was being trained.   If they picked him up along the route it's probable that he had something going and made arrangements to be picked up where he was instead of going to the bus yard.   Don't make more of it than it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)