Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That a**hole ruined my life!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
1 mom liked this

On May 25 last year I found out that my brother had had inappropriate contact with my 15yo daughter. I immediately called the cops, filed police a report, filed a restaraining order, evicted him from my home, everything I possibly could do to make sure my daughter was protected.

The police said there wasn't much they could do since he only managed to rip her shirt off before she ran and locked herself in the bathroom. After which he apologized and left. So my brother is free and living in the same town as me.

I seen him one time driving down the road on his moped and it took every ounce of strength I had to turn the other way and not smear him across the road. But if I did that I would be the bad guy and end up in prison, then where would my kids be?

We were handling things ok. My daughter is doing great. She is in therapy and making great strides. I am in therapy and was doing great. Until I seen him. Now the reality of the situation has really hit me. He is free! He lives near me! He lives near my daughter! I am so afraid that I won't be able to control my actions if I see him again. In May of this year my daughter will be getting her permit. She will have more freedom to go places alone once she gets her license. What if she runs into him? How would she handle that? How would he handle that? 

I just want to lock my family away and never leave my house again! I can't even trust my own brother, how the hell am I supposed to trust strangers! I don't know what to do anymore. My anxiety is through the roof. I'm already on meds for it and they don't help. I'm going crazy over this.

I would love to move far far away but because of the custody agreement with my daughters biological father we cannot move out of state or more than 100 miles without his consent and he won't give it. I don't know what to do.

Sorry, I just kind of needed to get that off of my chest. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read it. And if anyone wants to bash me for "letting this happen" or any of that other bullshit, don't waste your time. There is nothing you can say to me that I haven't already said to myself.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM

BUMP!

LadyNCVE
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:44 PM

:( What a terrible thing to have had experienced for you guys.  I can't believe they would allow him to get away with that.  I probably would've been making a big stink of the whole situation until something was done.  What's not to say he wont do it to someone else.  I know how you feel about wanting to just hide out from this crazy world we live in.  You guys shouldn't have to live like that. It's not your fault. He's your brother.  And thank God it didn't end up worse.  Have you considered trying new meds?  You shouldn't feel so miserable and anxious all the time.  :( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Hugs Mama!
beachbabies6
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I'm so sorry your going through this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:00 AM

I'm not sure how accurate the information is, but I heard he recently tried something similar with one of his friends daughters. When his friend tried to press charges he was told pretty much the same thing. It wasn't bad enough. I wonder what those cops would do if it was there own daughter? It's sickening really.

I have an appointment next week to discuss new meds.

Quoting LadyNCVE:

:( What a terrible thing to have had experienced for you guys.  I can't believe they would allow him to get away with that.  I probably would've been making a big stink of the whole situation until something was done.  What's not to say he wont do it to someone else.  I know how you feel about wanting to just hide out from this crazy world we live in.  You guys shouldn't have to live like that. It's not your fault. He's your brother.  And thank God it didn't end up worse.  Have you considered trying new meds?  You shouldn't feel so miserable and anxious all the time.  :( 

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:02 AM
2 moms liked this
You SAW him. Not seen.

Anyways im sorry for your troubles. And the police lied.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:05 AM
You saw...anyway, that is horribly. My cousin lives in the same city as her uncle ( who raped her). She has only ran into him once and she handled it very well. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I am so sorry this has happened to you and your daughter. This happened to myself and my daughter but it was a stranger. When she does start to drive make sure she has pepper spray and if you can afford it a training self defense class. This will give her confidence and help her to protect herself. Again I know what you are going thru and I am so sorry.

mom2twins82
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Hugs to you and her momma!! I know this is a terrible situation (it reminds me of my own). I'm glad you both sought therapy. Maybe talk to your therapist about seeing him and what are some tolls or exercises you can do when faced with that issue again?

If you need to vent, you can pm me as I was in your daughters shoes at one time.
Byrd15
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Have her carry a can of pepper stay...
It's not much but it's something. Im so sorry you're going through this... Hugs!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN