Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD? Kinda long. Sorry

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

I'm going to be vague because people who know my friend and I are in this group.

Ok, my friend, who is not rolling in cash, bought me a really sweet gift for the baby on the way. It's something you wear, women buy, sell and trade them all the time. It's part of the fun, actually, Women collect them, destash, buy more, etc. So it was really great of her to do, especially since she only had the money because she sold off something of hers and had the paypal sitting there when the one she bought me came up. She's kind of crazy about this stuff, which is one of the many things I love about her. lol

The problem is, I don't like the colors. Like I really don't like them. They're just not me. She gets it, they're not her, either, didn't take it personally, but suggested that I sell it to use the $ to get one I do like. She is even helping me sell it and shop for a new one. Well, used, but new to me. So that's no big deal. It's all part of the game with this stuff. Please don't give me a lecture about it because in the world of this stuff, it's not rude, it's normal and part of the fun.

Here's the problem. I had a brand new one, much more expensive, on my baby registry, not because I thought someone was going to buy it, but just out of wishful thinking and in case I found the money I could find it again. Well, someone is buying it for me.

So now I have this other one almost sold, just waiting on payment, and even if I back out of the sale and keep it, I won't really use it. The mama I'm selling it to will. I've found something else in the same vein, but different style and uses that I love that is the sae price, so it would be an even swap, but dh thinks I should use the money from selling it to pay off a household bill. I think that's like using my friend's money to pay a bill when she meant for it to go to the baby. KWIM? Like someone gave me a giftcard for baby stuff and I use it on makeup for myself. Especially since this friend could have used that $ for herself had she or I known that I would be getting a brand new one from someone else. It's just wrong to me. Dh says paying our bills is more important. I agree, but I'll have the money for that bill in a few weeks from my work at home job.

So wwyd? Back out of the sale and keep it, even though it will just sit there? Sell it and pay the bill? Sell it and buy the other item in the same arena?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Bump!
SadiasMomma
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM
What is it???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiernansmom08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Wondering the same thing! Lol

Quoting SadiasMomma:

What is it???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I can't resist the urge to guess what it is. So much its distracting from the rest of the post

Pandora beads?

Italian charms?

What is it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom24munchkins
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Baby carrier....I wonder if I kind of know you.....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Well if your friend ALREADY know's you're selling it....then I wouldn't  back out
And since someone else is buying you one...why can't you just tell her "OMG someone else got me the same thing but I saw some other cute ass baby shit would it be cool if I used the money and got that instead?"

I mean if someone asked me that I'd say "sure whatever...no need for two of whatever the hell you're talking about...get something you'll need!"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I would sell it and buy a new one you like. Then return the other one being bought for you from your registry and use that money for your bill if you have to. It sounds like she put a lot of time and effort into this gift, and she was even a good sport and helpful when you didn't like the color. What your husband is suggesting is rude.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:36 AM
LOL. You guys! Stop it!

Quoting kiernansmom08:

Wondering the same thing! Lol

Quoting SadiasMomma:

What is it???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
You might. You might not, cutie. ;)

Quoting Mom24munchkins:

Baby carrier....I wonder if I kind of know you.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:25 AM

DO NOT USE THE MONEY FOR BILLS!   That is like asking your friend to pay your bills.  She used her money to buy you a gift.  If you want to then give the money back to her or use it on something for the baby.  If I was your friend I would be mad if you used my gift money to pay your bill.  How impersonal!!! Especially since the gift was something you wanted and you discussed it with your friend.  She will be hurt if you use the money for something other than the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)