Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of people with 10+ kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I think everyone has their own way of doing things. How can you give your attention to 10+kids?

I have seen that 19 kids and counting show. It always looks like the older kids are helping out the younger kids. I understand that is a lot of kids and surely the mom would need some help.

Is that fair to the older kids though? Is it fair to the younger kids to depend on older siblings much of the time?

I am not bashing anyone. I am really trying to understand. If you have a lot of kids, please enlighten me

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I think that we have a lot in common. We have 12 children with triplets (my 2nd set) due in June. This is my 9th pregnancy . I have 3 sets of twins (18, 12 and 2), 1 set of triplets (6) and 3 singletons (15, 9 and 4) & had 1 miscarriage (twins) in between my 18yo's and my 15yo. I live in Greece and it's not uncommon for families to have large families here.

bmcandmmh
by Michelle on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:12 AM
That they are very loving, giving and courageous
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sirime
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I think # 

1 wow, my grandfather was #12 of 13 kids

2 if they are good parents and can afford it why not?

3 why should I care

4 yeah it is a Lil unfair to ask ur older kids to step up and be helping parents but at the same time they will learn responsability  and hopefully they will be great parents in their own time

Sirime
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Congrats! Lol

baileymarie723
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM
If they can afford to have that many children than I don't see the problem. My FIL is the oldest of 10 kids. Looking at how close they all are because of the older ones having to help out is wonderful. It made it easier for them to comfort their mom and each other when their dad passed away, and when their mom passes they will all be there for each other. Granted all families are there for each other when something like that happens, but sometimes the bigger family helps in the grieving process.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Paralegaleagle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I think 3 is good and no thanks and yikes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
K_D88
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:55 PM
To each there own
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I think that if that's what the parents wanted then that's cool. However, I have noticed your observation about the Duggars too. It bothers me that the older kids are doing a lot of the work. 

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I want to know why now that they are on TV.. they wear 'normal' clothing.

Did mommy clowncar realize shes a fucking nutjob and didnt want to appear TOO crazy?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I don't think the earth can afford them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN