Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think of people with 10+ kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I think everyone has their own way of doing things. How can you give your attention to 10+kids?

I have seen that 19 kids and counting show. It always looks like the older kids are helping out the younger kids. I understand that is a lot of kids and surely the mom would need some help.

Is that fair to the older kids though? Is it fair to the younger kids to depend on older siblings much of the time?

I am not bashing anyone. I am really trying to understand. If you have a lot of kids, please enlighten me

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
rennez
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:26 PM
I think as long as they love and support them....kudos to them. Two kids are driving me bat shit crazy. I can't even imagine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommie2Kailen
by una perra mala on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I think damn someone surly likes to screw......

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it's irresponsible!
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

To each their own. Everyone has a different concept of what family is. Years ago this is how many families functioned. I couldn't do it. 

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Well, I don't, but I've known families like this.  It works well.  The older kids are close to the younger kids, and I've never seen resentment.  This is just their life and it's what they know. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Yuck.

What kind of country do we live in when we have 500+ replies on the other topic, mostly bashing only children, and yet the Duggars are held up as role models?

tinatina78
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I am 1 of 10 and yes us older ones helped out with the younger ones that made us close and now we are all in our 20's, 30's and 40's and we are very close and all of our kids are very close.  I love being from a big family and now I have 21 nieces and nephews and all the kids are around the same ages and there best friends.

meglennox
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I think
Patience. They have it. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this

We know a lot of larger families and in general the kids enjoy helping each other. It's just part of helping take care of the family to help a younger sibling find their shoes or younger siblings serving meals to the table for everyone. Also if you are intentional with spending 15-20minutes with each child everyday, uniterrupted then you can certainly learn alot about them. also alternating which children you take on different errands always amazes me with the things they want to talk about when it's just one or two of them as opposed to the whole group. there are 24 perfect hours in the day, when you're intentional with spending some time focused on each child it works well. 

Spoiled_Blonde
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I think "Thank God I found out what birth control is!" lol I couldn't do it.. Mad props to those who can!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured