Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of people with 10+ kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I think everyone has their own way of doing things. How can you give your attention to 10+kids?

I have seen that 19 kids and counting show. It always looks like the older kids are helping out the younger kids. I understand that is a lot of kids and surely the mom would need some help.

Is that fair to the older kids though? Is it fair to the younger kids to depend on older siblings much of the time?

I am not bashing anyone. I am really trying to understand. If you have a lot of kids, please enlighten me

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
kzuehlk
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I don't really think anything of it. I grew up very strict Roman Catholic. Big families were the norm. My mom had 6, my aunt had 9, and my grandma had 13 kids. We went to church with some very large families as well.

I'm due in March with my second bio son (raise my SS full time as well) and we will be stopping there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I fail to see what you're "Yucking" at here. Care to elaborate please?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yuck.

What kind of country do we live in when we have 500+ replies on the other topic, mostly bashing only children, and yet the Duggars are held up as role models?

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I think that they are a LOT braver than me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kaffedrikke
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:30 PM
If one can afford them wo PA and they'll be nurtured and loved then no problem.
ElitestJen
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I think, "God bless them!  Better her than me!"

Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:32 PM
When I was a kid my mom hung out with this guy and his parents had a total of 14 kids his mom gave birth to them all his dad fathered them all it was cool they were this fun loving great family good people got along great. I always wanted that many kids then as I got older I had more and more siblings I have 11 blood siblings and 6 (stb 9) step siblings and Im the oldest (im also the only kid my parents have in common) some of us dont get along we cant all be in the same place together and its a mess and full of drama. It works for some people not others. I dont judge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The.Hug.Life
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Since you mentioned 19 kids, you'll get one of two type of replies. OMG, I love that family! or OMG, they suck.

It's really polarized.

(I just have the 2 kids, so BUMP!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Take your pick.

Teenagers raising their baby siblings.

No privacy.

No individuality.

Not enough hours in the day to give any kind of individual attention.

The fact that most people who produce like rabbits are doing so not out of love of children, but for religious reasons.

That children from very large families tend to perform poorer, have worse careers, and poorer health, than do those from only-child or smaller (2-3) families?

That it's completely irresponsible to breed kid after kid after kid, when there's millions of orphans and scarce resources?

That most of these families do nothing but waste and consume?

Quoting tennisgal:

I fail to see what you're "Yucking" at here. Care to elaborate please?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yuck.

What kind of country do we live in when we have 500+ replies on the other topic, mostly bashing only children, and yet the Duggars are held up as role models?

justahousewife
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I'm always a little jealous. Lol I don't see anything wrong with siblings helping out.
CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I don't really have an opinion of them. But I do wonder about their day to day lives and how they handle everyday chores and life's events in general.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN