Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of people with 10+ kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I think everyone has their own way of doing things. How can you give your attention to 10+kids?

I have seen that 19 kids and counting show. It always looks like the older kids are helping out the younger kids. I understand that is a lot of kids and surely the mom would need some help.

Is that fair to the older kids though? Is it fair to the younger kids to depend on older siblings much of the time?

I am not bashing anyone. I am really trying to understand. If you have a lot of kids, please enlighten me

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Replies (51-60):
winkyloafer
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
It must look like a roast beef sandwich down there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:56 PM
If they can support them? Fine with me. Brothers and sisters helping out? I have 3 and they help each other out. I see nothing wrong with that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babydsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I think.. they have their hands full..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EveyTri
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL.

Don't be hatin' on horses, man. They nurse and raise their babies comparatively longer in comparison to these human factories. And they're a lot more useful too.

Quoting Irenesmommy:

I think "broodmares" we have quite a few at dd's school. 

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I come from a big family, and I am the oldest. I LOVED it. It was annoying sometimes, but it was also really cool to be responsible for stuff and have my younger siblings look up to me and rely on me. I'd do anything for my brothers and sisters. My friends knew that if we went somewhere, at least one or two of my siblings was going to tag along, and if anyone, even my friends gave my brothers and sisters crap for anything, everyone knew I'd go momma bear and jump down anyone's throat to have my siblings' backs. I still do.

I love big families. :)

Edit: We are not religious. When I say big family, I mean big, but mostly half siblings. My younger sisters are: Liz, Jessika, Sarah, Hannah, Taylor. My brothers are: Johnny, Kyle, Trevor, Charlie.

My tummy had the rumblies that only hands could satisfy.
LiDoMama
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:58 PM
I think they must be very, very tired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I think they are crazy, probably crazy and super religious.... I think it's too many, you can't give enough attention to 10+ kids, the world doesn't need people having 10+ kids when resources are limited, it's selfish, it''s not the 1800's you're not breeding farm help and we have all kinds of birth control now! 

STOP BREEDING.

pampire
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Every family is different.  I've seen doc features on a handful of them and like most of what I've seen.  The kids do pitch in a lot in larger families and as long as they aren't expected to forgo their own childhoods, I think it's a good thing.

The way they organize the household and provide for their broods fascinates me.

MrsShipley21
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:01 AM

If they can afford it then I think it is beautiful ^_^ If they cannot afford it and it is a messy home. . . then eh not so much.

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:01 AM

There's no way I would have the patience to take care of that many kids.

I don't think it;s fair to the older children either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)