Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of people with 10+ kids?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I think everyone has their own way of doing things. How can you give your attention to 10+kids?

I have seen that 19 kids and counting show. It always looks like the older kids are helping out the younger kids. I understand that is a lot of kids and surely the mom would need some help.

Is that fair to the older kids though? Is it fair to the younger kids to depend on older siblings much of the time?

I am not bashing anyone. I am really trying to understand. If you have a lot of kids, please enlighten me

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Replies (71-80):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:59 PM
2 moms liked this

When I see people like the Duggars who although they have a lot of kids, all of the kids are intelligent and well-mannered, the family supports itself, they are part of a larger community who lean on each other for help and support when needed, there is really nothing negative to say.  This family built their house together and made it environmentally friendly and I can't get my kids to load the dishwasher.  Yes the older siblings help with the younger ones, but I see nothing wrong with that.

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I come from a family of 7 one of my brothers has 11, his wife is from a family of 13, I know several people I grew up with who are from families of 16 or 18... I don't think anything of it really. If we could we would love to have a large family, unfortunately my body doesn't have that in it.I popped out 2 and that seems to be the end.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Taneshia1011
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Wow! How do you do it?? Its hard with 3..
bcoll
by Brandi on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:01 PM

That they have a few more than me. lol I have 7.

styler7
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Patience. Lots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VannaMae307
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I am so grateful to have my one, perfect child, and be able to say my life is complete and fulfilling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:02 PM

..Well I grew up on the poor side of town. My husband makes good money now but we can only afford one kid. The year I had my child there was an article in the paper about a woman who was on her 8th or 9th kid AND she lives on my side of town I grew up in. I KNOW...if you live on my side of town, ain't no way you can support all those kids UNLESS...you inherited your house or money is falling from the sky.

VannaMae307
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:03 PM

it's part of their religion. don't ask me the name of it. I just know it's a part of it.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

I want to know why now that they are on TV.. they wear 'normal' clothing.

Did mommy clowncar realize shes a fucking nutjob and didnt want to appear TOO crazy?

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

styler7
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Amazing. Naturally?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think that we have a lot in common. We have 12 children with triplets (my 2nd set) due in June. This is my 9th pregnancy . I have 3 sets of twins (18, 12 and 2), 1 set of triplets (6) and 3 singletons (15, 9 and 4) & had 1 miscarriage (twins) in between my 18yo's and my 15yo. I live in Greece and it's not uncommon for families to have large families here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemama0905
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I think I wish I had a huge family. My dad is 1 of 14 and we still almost all manage to get together for a family Christmas. 50 first cousins...plus all of those married in...honestly not sure where we're at with second cousins at this point.. I absolutely love it. I have 1 kid so far and I want at least 3 more, even if the guy has kids of his own...preferably even more if we could afford it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN