Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone use e-cigs?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
I'm considering switching to e-cigs to help me quit nicotine slowly. I'm confused though! There's so many out there! Do you have recommendations?

Also, is the liquid proprietary , or can you use any brand liquid in them? I think many smoke shops in my area have thus stuff. If i order s cig online, i want to be able to Get supplies locally if i need to.

I saw a YouTube video where thus guy was showing two different liquids, one was "something" and the other was flavoring. Is there a lot of mixing involved in this venture? Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Anyone??
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I dont know much about it. But you can make your own "liquid" but it requires lots of supplies. I would just stick to what you can get locally and then experiment. My friend loves his e cig and hasnt gone back since he started. Plus you can smoke it anywhere!!!

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Try here.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:09 AM
I'm wondering also, for the same reasons. Considering trying the N-Joy Kings, because they're disposable and that seems easier than messing with liquid and batteries...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I used e-cigs for awhile.  Every brand of e-cig is different and one brands cartridge doesn't fit another brands holder.  I would find a brand on-line as I have found that stores sometimes run out of their stock.

As far as the flavors, it is fairly easy.  You just put a drop of liquid on the cartridge before screwing it into the holder.

I found that it did not help me quit smoking.  I actually smoked more:(. Of course e-cigs are better for you than conventional cigarettes but for me, because there is no odor or "smoke", I found that I smoked them much more often.

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:13 AM

no mixing involved you just put 3 drops in the filter. you can use any brand. but they didn't work for me

Tyger88
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:20 AM

I use the Blu- cig & get it at walgreens... many flavors & a sample cig to start runs 10$ to try it first before buying the starter pack...Do a search for BLU e-cig..I started using them on train rides then I liked them. Good- Luck  & one other thing helped me too :  take a needle & put holes in the filters of cigs..& every two weeks put more holes in filters., helps you get less nicotine & cuts you down slowly as you like..

www.ecigarettes365.com/blu

Tyger88cat

Tyger88
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Poke holes with needles in Real Cigs filters ..Not the e cigs  LOL

heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Stay away from the disposable ones you can buy from gas stations and smoke shops. They advertise themselves as being equal to two packs of regular cigarettes, but I find that a little misleading. When they say two packs, they're referring to number of puffs. Think of it this way: A regular cigarette takes about 3-4 minutes to smoke, so two packs would take a little over two hours, correct? Well, most e-cig users will puff on them off and on all day with no sense of time or amount (like, stop smoking when you get down to the butt). So you could sit down at the computer or watch a movie for a couple hours, and then it's dead. That doesn't much feel like two packs that SHOULD have lasted two days, right?

It's more economical and a whole lot cheaper if you buy rechargeable batteries and refillable cartridges. That way you can just recharge and refill, without dying a little on the inside when you realize you just spent $8+ for only a couple hours worth of vaping, lol.

mbc324
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I use nirvana, no liquid, u buy filters

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)