Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone use e-cigs?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm considering switching to e-cigs to help me quit nicotine slowly. I'm confused though! There's so many out there! Do you have recommendations?

Also, is the liquid proprietary , or can you use any brand liquid in them? I think many smoke shops in my area have thus stuff. If i order s cig online, i want to be able to Get supplies locally if i need to.

I saw a YouTube video where thus guy was showing two different liquids, one was "something" and the other was flavoring. Is there a lot of mixing involved in this venture? Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:40 AM
I'm sure those around her would much prefer she use the ecigs.

Quoting Tyger88:

Poke holes with needles in Real Cigs filters ..Not the e cigs  LOL

illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:40 AM

e-cigs just make smoking easier. When you remove the need to go outside then you just make it a lazy smoke. You could end up smoking more and defeating the purpose.

If you are serious about quitting then get patches or gum or something. Gum and mints are great since you can still get that nicotine fix on demand and still smoke if you need... Patches are great since they pretty much force you to quit. 

Tyger88
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:52 AM

this was the second reply to my first one about the Blu ecigs i use...IF she uses real cigs w/ ecigs..poke holes in the Real ones not the E-cigs..Sorry I should have edited the first reply to her..my mistake

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Tyger88:

Liz_Rocket
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:55 AM
I use an eGo-c by joyetech. I prefer to buy liquid from the store because they formulate their juice from local sources. Chinese juice is bad news, it's been found to contain antifreeze.
Liz_Rocket
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:59 AM
And for gods sake, don't get the ones from gas stations please. They're full of all kinds of bad stuff. Buy one from a reputable dealer. If you find a store that specializes in them, they'll let you try them and tell you how many milligrams of nic you need based on what you smoke and how often.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:03 AM
I would still do this outdoors only. I tried the patch thing, but I couldn't do it. I think I like the action of smoking as much as I like the nicotine. Thanks though!

Quoting illinoismommy83:

e-cigs just make smoking easier. When you remove the need to go outside then you just make it a lazy smoke. You could end up smoking more and defeating the purpose.

If you are serious about quitting then get patches or gum or something. Gum and mints are great since you can still get that nicotine fix on demand and still smoke if you need... Patches are great since they pretty much force you to quit. 

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:04 AM
2 moms liked this
My husband tried one it didn't really help him. He and I both had to go cold turkey. It's been almost 2years for me and 2 months for him!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:05 AM
I've read about the anti freeze juices, ew! I saw one online store that discloses that they're free of all those chemicals and its made in the US! Something Creek? I'm overwhelmed with info.

Quoting Liz_Rocket:

I use an eGo-c by joyetech. I prefer to buy liquid from the store because they formulate their juice from local sources. Chinese juice is bad news, it's been found to contain antifreeze.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:08 AM
This has a lot to do with my wanting to switch. My kids are never around me when i smoke, and wouldn't be around vapors either, but I feel terrible that they are still likely exposed to cig smoke in any way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Tyger88:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:08 AM
I use a brand from Walmart. Fin I think is the name. They have a way lower dose of nicotine in them and it works perfect. I used to smoke a pack a day. These are rechargeable and you buy new "filters"(cartridges). Each cartridge is supposed to equal 2 packs of cigarettes, but each cartridhe lasts me about 4-5 days. It has been amazing. My ob even said they are safe during pregnancy because the nicotine is so low and there are no other chemicals in them. The pack with the rechargable thing, the charger, and one cartridge was $15 I think. Then each 5 pack of replacement cartridges is $15. So I spend a little over $15 a month with this, as opposed to the over $200 a month I was spending on cigarettes. I have absolutely no cravings for real cigarettes what so ever and I used to be one of those people that loved smoking.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)