Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone use e-cigs?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm considering switching to e-cigs to help me quit nicotine slowly. I'm confused though! There's so many out there! Do you have recommendations?

Also, is the liquid proprietary , or can you use any brand liquid in them? I think many smoke shops in my area have thus stuff. If i order s cig online, i want to be able to Get supplies locally if i need to.

I saw a YouTube video where thus guy was showing two different liquids, one was "something" and the other was flavoring. Is there a lot of mixing involved in this venture? Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Replies (31-40):
DonnaNoble
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Oh. I didn't see your first post I guess.

Quoting Tyger88:

this was the second reply to my first one about the Blu ecigs i use...IF she uses real cigs w/ ecigs..poke holes in the Real ones not the E-cigs..Sorry I should have edited the first reply to her..my mistake

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sure those around her would much prefer she use the ecigs.

Quoting Tyger88:

Poke holes with needles in Real Cigs filters ..Not the e cigs  LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Most of the liquids have nicotine and PG, VG, or a blend of the two.  PG is Propylene Glycol and it's in everything from food to medicine and has been around for decades.  That is the false BS put out by, I'm assuming, tobacco companies- to discredit ecigs and scare people.  Here's a link with more info.

http://bestecigarette.com/truth-about-propylene-glycol/ 

The other ingredient is Vegetable glycol or glycerine and they are safe as well, although some may argue they are more safe. 

Remember nicotine's most common use besides human consumption is an insecticide and a strong one.  In large doses or over a period of time, nicotine is still carcinogenic or cancer causing agent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks! I like that price, but I can't find details of their liquid. I really don't want to trade tobacco for anti freeze or weed killer, kwim? Maybe I'll call them tomorrow and ask. :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

I use a brand from Walmart. Fin I think is the name. They have a way lower dose of nicotine in them and it works perfect. I used to smoke a pack a day. These are rechargeable and you buy new "filters"(cartridges). Each cartridge is supposed to equal 2 packs of cigarettes, but each cartridhe lasts me about 4-5 days. It has been amazing. My ob even said they are safe during pregnancy because the nicotine is so low and there are no other chemicals in them. The pack with the rechargable thing, the charger, and one cartridge was $15 I think. Then each 5 pack of replacement cartridges is $15. So I spend a little over $15 a month with this, as opposed to the over $200 a month I was spending on cigarettes. I have absolutely no cravings for real cigarettes what so ever and I used to be one of those people that loved smoking.

aka_speezolove
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I actually did a review on the Blu brand starter kit. If you wanna read it, let me know and I will send you a link or look on my blog. Just click on my siggie.

manicMOM_DLC
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:55 AM

look up the inferno.  Its what I have and I love it!  No mixing for mine.  ot the other one I had.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! The specific chemicals that freak me out are diethylene glycol and nitrosamines. It's apparently possible to find cigs without it, it's just taking more research.

I'm gonna check that linky tomorrow. I should sleep soon. <3

Quoting opal10161973:

Most of the liquids have nicotine and PG, VG, or a blend of the two.  PG is Propylene Glycol and it's in everything from food to medicine and has been around for decades.  That is the false BS put out by, I'm assuming, tobacco companies- to discredit ecigs and scare people.  Here's a link with more info.

http://bestecigarette.com/truth-about-propylene-glycol/ 

The other ingredient is Vegetable glycol or glycerine and they are safe as well, although some may argue they are more safe. 

Remember nicotine's most common use besides human consumption is an insecticide and a strong one.  In large doses or over a period of time, nicotine is still carcinogenic or cancer causing agent. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks! I like that price, but I can't find details of their liquid. I really don't want to trade tobacco for anti freeze or weed killer, kwim? Maybe I'll call them tomorrow and ask. :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

I use a brand from Walmart. Fin I think is the name. They have a way lower dose of nicotine in them and it works perfect. I used to smoke a pack a day. These are rechargeable and you buy new "filters"(cartridges). Each cartridge is supposed to equal 2 packs of cigarettes, but each cartridhe lasts me about 4-5 days. It has been amazing. My ob even said they are safe during pregnancy because the nicotine is so low and there are no other chemicals in them. The pack with the rechargable thing, the charger, and one cartridge was $15 I think. Then each 5 pack of replacement cartridges is $15. So I spend a little over $15 a month with this, as opposed to the over $200 a month I was spending on cigarettes. I have absolutely no cravings for real cigarettes what so ever and I used to be one of those people that loved smoking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Has Anyone tried that pill Chantix?  I paid $300 for it & haven't tried it yet?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Bump for morning crew. :-)
LuvsHopesDreams
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I used an e-cigarette when I tried to quit in January. I just used the Blu disposables, which was okay, but it is definitely not the same as a real cigarette.  Actually, it just made me want a real one.  I bought one again last week and I have it in my purse, and I have used it, but I'm pretty much back to my Marlboro Lights.  Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Maybe try one of the fancy flavor ones? I'm leaning toward something with a thickish vapor, I think having the illusion of smoke will make me happy. Can you tell I'm reluctant to give up my cigs? Lol...

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

I used an e-cigarette when I tried to quit in January. I just used the Blu disposables, which was okay, but it is definitely not the same as a real cigarette.  Actually, it just made me want a real one.  I bought one again last week and I have it in my purse, and I have used it, but I'm pretty much back to my Marlboro Lights.  Good luck!

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I did until I decided to look up the ingredients. Also the ones with nicotine are illegal in some countries because of how harmful they can be if a child happens to get hold of it. Research before you buy Mama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)