Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone use e-cigs?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm considering switching to e-cigs to help me quit nicotine slowly. I'm confused though! There's so many out there! Do you have recommendations?

Also, is the liquid proprietary , or can you use any brand liquid in them? I think many smoke shops in my area have thus stuff. If i order s cig online, i want to be able to Get supplies locally if i need to.

I saw a YouTube video where thus guy was showing two different liquids, one was "something" and the other was flavoring. Is there a lot of mixing involved in this venture? Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Replies (41-44):
LuvsHopesDreams
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I understand about being "reluctant" to give up the cigs--I'm kind of like that, too.  Yeah, I get what you're saying about the vapor having some substance to it; that's kind of what I meant when I said it is not the same as a real cig.  I do like the act of smoking (sorry, but that's how I feel).  The only reason I've been trying to quit lately is that my hubby and I want to have another baby soon, and I don't want to have to quit after I find out I'm pregnant.

How much are you smoking now?  I'm at about a pack, and hubby has no intention of quitting right now, so it's hard.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe try one of the fancy flavor ones? I'm leaning toward something with a thickish vapor, I think having the illusion of smoke will make me happy. Can you tell I'm reluctant to give up my cigs? Lol...

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

I used an e-cigarette when I tried to quit in January. I just used the Blu disposables, which was okay, but it is definitely not the same as a real cigarette.  Actually, it just made me want a real one.  I bought one again last week and I have it in my purse, and I have used it, but I'm pretty much back to my Marlboro Lights.  Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I smoke about half a pack a day, some days a little more.

Good luck. :-)

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

I understand about being "reluctant" to give up the cigs--I'm kind of like that, too.  Yeah, I get what you're saying about the vapor having some substance to it; that's kind of what I meant when I said it is not the same as a real cig.  I do like the act of smoking (sorry, but that's how I feel).  The only reason I've been trying to quit lately is that my hubby and I want to have another baby soon, and I don't want to have to quit after I find out I'm pregnant.

How much are you smoking now?  I'm at about a pack, and hubby has no intention of quitting right now, so it's hard.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe try one of the fancy flavor ones? I'm leaning toward something with a thickish vapor, I think having the illusion of smoke will make me happy. Can you tell I'm reluctant to give up my cigs? Lol...

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

I used an e-cigarette when I tried to quit in January. I just used the Blu disposables, which was okay, but it is definitely not the same as a real cigarette.  Actually, it just made me want a real one.  I bought one again last week and I have it in my purse, and I have used it, but I'm pretty much back to my Marlboro Lights.  Good luck!

LuvsHopesDreams
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Thanks, you too.  :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I smoke about half a pack a day, some days a little more.

Good luck. :-)

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LuvsHopesDreams:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Bumps
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN