Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else get pregnant and just start disliking their pets?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

None of them are going anywhere.  This is their home, and my current "Get Thee Away From Me!" is temporary.  So, deflate, please, and step off the ranty rantbox.

But man.  We have two oldish cats and an old dog.  The cats have been through my first pregnancy, the dog is a recent addition.  I'm usually loving towards them and initiate play/cuddles/whatever.  Now? 

I kind of keep giving the cat food so she will go away and leave me the hell alone.  I'm turning her into an emotional overeater.  One of them is begging to play?   FML.  Twitching the damn ribbon toy around is breeding my resentment, lol.  Tiny dog wants me to get on the floor and play with him?  God.  The FLOOR.  Dog, I can't get off that thing once I am down on it, and if you pounce my boob with your tiny stabby feet one more time I shall destroy you. 

The old male cat, with his bitchy "Myehhhhhh...." and insistence at being in my lap until my leg falls asleep under him, and his hiss/grab with his nails when I move him off me?  I'm going to turn him into a throw rug. 

And the next time I have DS almost asleep, and one of you pushes the bedroom door open to walk in and meow for food/ come running in with your galloping, loud ass chihuahua feet, I am going to go apeshit on your furry little persons.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Feed them bacon and they will nap.

Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Um yes, this happens to me EVERY pregnancy! I LOVE my dogs, but I feel like most of my pregnancy can't stand them and everything they do drives me nuts! After I have the baby I like them again! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:16 AM

I did, and I gave all three up for adoption two years ago, because dh was deploying. I gave the two cats to a woman on a farm, they get to play with chickens, and I gave my dog to a retired military man who is big into running, cycling, and swimming and lives on the beach.

I still cry to this day about my dog, he was the best dog in the world.  But, he was a pit bull and people here aren't tolerant of bullys' :/

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Me too! I hate that stupid dog when I'm pregnant. I don't start liking her again for months after the baby is born. Now, I'm curious about why it happens. I always thought it was just me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Yes! I have 3 cats and used to love them like my children. Ever since I had my daughter I just can't stand them. I'm still nice and wont get rid of them but uuuugghh
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:19 AM

lol. the cat follows me everywhere. its dh's cat.... not mine. I close the door to poop and guess who's sticking fingers under the door? not the kids but the cat... o.O. or when I'm trying to sleep... or nap... or anything... the cat is RIGHT there. cat, there is 1 other adult and 3 children 5 and under that can give you the whatever you need. leave me alone!

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:19 AM

your being hormonal just breath

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting almondpigeon:

Me too! I hate that stupid dog when I'm pregnant. I don't start liking her again for months after the baby is born. Now, I'm curious about why it happens. I always thought it was just me.

I think it's lizard brain stuff.  I mean really, it makes *no* biological sense for people to share their homes, where their delicate newborns live, with carnivorous messmakers.

It would probably be different if the cat meant mice didn't eat all our stored food, and without her we might starve, or if the dog were keeping away bigger, nastier carnivores, or helping the man hunt.  But no.  Now, they are eating, shitting doorstops.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Quoting bustybee:

lol. the cat follows me everywhere. its dh's cat.... not mine. I close the door to poop and guess who's sticking fingers under the door? not the kids but the cat... o.O. or when I'm trying to sleep... or nap... or anything... the cat is RIGHT there. cat, there is 1 other adult and 3 children 5 and under that can give you the whatever you need. leave me alone!

YES.  I felt intense rage at mine when she popped open the bathroom door yesterday and came in to beg me to turn the faucet on.  She could have gone to the OTHER one and asked DH.  Or waited.  Or drank from her bowl.  Or gone to hell, IDGAF which.

WTF.  I am going to start sneaking up on the litterbox and banging on the lid when she's in there.  Bitch.

I kid.  Kind of.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I did, and I gave all three up for adoption two years ago, because dh was deploying. I gave the two cats to a woman on a farm, they get to play with chickens, and I gave my dog to a retired military man who is big into running, cycling, and swimming and lives on the beach.

I still cry to this day about my dog, he was the best dog in the world.  But, he was a pit bull and people here aren't tolerant of bullys' :/

We had a dog the first pregnancy and same story, plus some anxiety on my part after a dog tried to attack my infant.  The day DH was leaving and I was far out of state with him, the lady who took him called and said my dog was eating her garage.  I assume he was freaking out about our being gone.  I couldn't get there immediately to take him back, and I think she put him to sleep.

It kills me when I think about it.  My sweet boy.  My big dorky love.  :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)