Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PA haters & lovers...how does this make you feel...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

This is a status & reply that popped up in my news feed.

For the sake of formed opinions, I will give a little back story on "Shelly". Shelly is 19 years old. She dropped out of college without telling her parents, bought a trailer and moved in with her boyfriend, who is 25, of 1 year. 

They are now working as waitor/waitress at a pizza joint together in their town.

Here is the fb conversation:

"Shelly":    I feel like I'm in that movie "the money pit" except it's not as hilarious when you're broke and your house is falling apart.

"Dan":     do you know the govermen will pay for that i can help you get started if need they give you money to pay for heat and or ell bills and more fill out froms is not that hard like isad there is a lot of money out there people make life harder then they have to don't be dum join the club

So for the PA haters...how does it make you feel to see someone encouraging this girl to take advantage of every form of PA she can get her hands on...when clearly, she isn't the "fell on hard times" type, she made poor choices and that is why she's in the sitation she's in.

For the PA lovers...how does it make you feel to see someone encouraging her to take assistance, thats what its there for isn't it? free money?

I read the status and comment and thought it was only something I'd see on cafemom. So...weigh in.

How does it make you feel?

I know you ladies are full of opinions. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:14 AM
1 mom liked this

That's how I feel.

And I don't care.

Personally my therapist yesterday told me I learned the system well and know how to work it when I need to.

Yep, sure do. Im disabled and was homeless for six months. I know. I don't always use it though. ( I don't get pa or liheap ir eitc or anything)

Sometimes you just need a break. College sucks. You sign away your soul to student loans.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:17 AM

HORSIE PLEASE COME BACK TO LIFE PLEASE

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:19 AM

I suspect most people on PA made poor choices. Only a few "fell on hard times" like a job loss. Those who do, pick themselves up again and are soon off of it.

This girl is going to regret not finishing college one day. PA only gets you so much. Laziness is only so rewarding. Happiness will not be found there.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:21 AM

I think "Dan" needs to go back to school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Honestly, I don't give a shit.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)