Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You spent your tax return on an effing TATTOO??? I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! *edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies

I can't believe her!!!

I've had it!!! My daughter is 21 now and my grandbaby is going on 5 and my daughter hasn't spent one red cent from any of her paychecks on her! I have been trying to be understanding. I've been trying to let her be young and grow into her role as a Mother. I've been desperately trying to be patient but I can't friggin do this anymore!!!

That tax return money was supposed to go to fix her catalytic converter so she could smog the car, renew the registration and use her OWN FRIGGIN CAR to get to work instead of borrowing mine and leaving me without a car the whole TWO OR THREE DAYS A WEEK THAT SHE DOES WORK and instead of having to drop me off at work so she isn't stuck at home with her daughter and without a car. Is that such an unreasonable request? To use her tax return to fix her car so I can have mine back??? She spent it all, ALL, on some stupid mural tattoo or whatever the hell it's called. Clowns. CLOWNS. The insane clown club or whatever the heck they are are now ON HER BACK.

I need to do something. I love my Granddaughter but that is HER DAUGHTER and she needs to actually STAY AT HOME WITH HER DAUGHTER rather than going out and partying and pawning her off on me. She's still YOUR DAUGHTER! I'm so frustrated with her right now, I could die! To top it off, she thinks she might be pregnant!!!  Or at least that's what she told me when she came home drunk, after driving MY CAR HOME! IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK? AM I BEING UNREASONABLE HERE??? I tried, I tried to be understanding, I tried not to force the responsibilities on her before she could handle them but I can't handle dealing with her and two kids too! I can't! I'm tired and I AM TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!

Vent over.

*Edit*: Thanks for your replies, everyone. To those that are curious, I raised her right. Her two siblings are college educated professionals and live good lives. She has been diagnosed as having sociopathic tendencies, something I can't change now. I have been afraid of getting custody as she has found out about my efforts in the past and run off with my grandbaby. I've tried to enforce rules and responsibilities on her but she doesn't care, and I don't feel she ever will. I guess I will have to wait and see whether or not she is pregnant before I pursue any legal action, if she is, I will want BOTH grandchildren but I can't know until I find out.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilyrose2011
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:24 AM
3 moms liked this
Don't let her take your car anymore and sit down and talk to her about her spending her money on crap, that sucks I'm sorry you have to deal with that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommaashley91
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:24 AM
4 moms liked this
I think she forced responsibility on herself when she decided to get pregnant..
my3boys0710
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:25 AM
She needs a wake up call
MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:25 AM
15 moms liked this
Stop helping her, cut her off completely so she has to stand on her own two feet. You are enabling her immature behavior.
Kerriebear007
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:26 AM
I'm sorry :( my step sister is the same way.
CrystalPystol
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Put your foot down.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Kick her out on her ass. Let your granddaughter stay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:26 AM
3 moms liked this
Kick her out. You may need to consider keept the grand baby for her own benefit. But kick her out and Definitley don't let her have your car again. Drivin drunk in m car is enough for a good ass kicking! I've lost an important person due to that nonsense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this
That's what happens when you enable someone. While I was 20 when ds was born and lived with mom, I took care of my son happily and if anything, I would argue with mom to back off a bit a let me parent my child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm such a sucker, such a huge sucker. Whenever I sit her down to talk to her about her daughter and her responsibilities, she will get emotional and tell me about how she is overwhelmed with everything (her daughter and her Dad/my husband dying 2 years ago) and start crying about how she is a bad Mom and how she doesn't deserve my patience with her etc. I need to grow a pair of balls or something because I can't stand seeing her cry lol

Quoting lilyrose2011:

Don't let her take your car anymore and sit down and talk to her about her spending her money on crap, that sucks I'm sorry you have to deal with that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)