Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

does your child/children wear glasses?

Posted by   + Show Post
How old were they whem they had to get them? How bad was there eyesight?

My little boy is 3 and he has to wear glasses and in 3 months they will retest and most likely patch the good eye so the brain makes the other eye work harder...how common is this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (21-30):
rockgal81
by Steph on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM

She's been wearing them since she was 2.
.sugar.kisses.
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:34 AM

New Message

Here's my little guy.

He started wearing them last summer. (4)

He has Ambliopia
mewebb82
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:37 AM
My 2 older kids have glasses to correct.a lazy eye. They were 3 and 4 when they got them. My oldest only needs his glasses for reading now and my daughter still needs her glasses all the time. We went through patching with both of them.
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:39 AM
My 5 y/o DD has since she was 4. She has bad astigmatism in both eyes and can't see far away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jj4ij
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM

My son is 4.  He has been in glasses since I guess about 2, maybe a little longer.  He is now wearing a +7.5.   He is EXTREEMLY farsighted. 

I don't understand it at all though, because he can see with or without his glasses.... and he says that he needs his glasses to see far away.  But I thought far sighted meant you couldn't see close up?  I don't get it.  His glasses are thick, and his eyes look SO big, but God is he handsome and looks adorable in them.  I am gonna try to post a pic.

jj4ij
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:41 AM

OMG... I can't see my own picutre.  I am not sure if it posted or not, I just see a white box with a red X.  Can someone let me know if you all can view it???  

Quoting jj4ij:

My son is 4.  He has been in glasses since I guess about 2, maybe a little longer.  He is now wearing a +7.5.   He is EXTREEMLY farsighted. 

I don't understand it at all though, because he can see with or without his glasses.... and he says that he needs his glasses to see far away.  But I thought far sighted meant you couldn't see close up?  I don't get it.  His glasses are thick, and his eyes look SO big, but God is he handsome and looks adorable in them.  I am gonna try to post a pic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM
My 10 had them for reading the board at school...she did good last year...this year she refuses you wear them... the are super cute on her!!
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM
My son does. He got them when he was five. His eyes are pretty bad. We suspected he needed glasses because he was having trouble learning to read.
Aquamom25
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:43 AM

DD8 just started wearing them this week.  She is 20/70 in her right eye and 20/40 in her left eye.  She is nearsighted and will probably need glasses indefinitely.

chattycassie
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:43 AM

My daughter is almost seven and has been wearing glasses about a year. I feel so bad we did not notice the problem until kinder. When she started school she was struggling, I took her for testing and she has pretty bad eyesight. She has already had 3 new sets of lenses to slowly work her up to what she needed. :( good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)