Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O: of expensive clothes. Purses?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm being genuine here, please someone tell me why you pay $450-1500 for a bag to stuff shit in?

I'm seriously into fashion and trend but to this day...I have yet to carry a label purse. Coach? Louis Vuitton? Michael Kors?

I could get a COMPUTER for that.

If I shopped right, I could buy a CAR! Lol.

I don't think it's wrong, I have my own ridiculous habit of high end makeup...I'm all for spending money on things you enjoy.

I just don't understand prioritizing, of all things...a purse.

Maybe also because I usually just carry my wallet. My ex-h used to laugh about needing to buy me a purse so he wouldn't have to keep his keys and wallet in his pocket. "I probably still wouldn't carry it." I'd tell him. They just seem so cumbersome. All I need is my wallet and some gloss. And MAYBE a powder. And I'm girly, I just get tired of carrying around crap I rarely actually use.

Disclaimer: This isn't a vent post...I'm seriously inquiring. I feel like I'm missing some secret honestly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Replies (171-175):
Taneshia1011
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I like nice things... But I dont believe in buying a bag worth that much..ihave 3 kids so I cant do it lolz
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Purses and shoes. Love them both. Just got two new purses last wk.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband buys them for me, I don't replace them often and they last for years so in the end, they are worth it. We always can afford them.

What I don't understand is people who have like 40 of them and go into debt over it but hey that's their perrogative I guess

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I can afford them, but don't buy them. I have received several as gifts.  I love coach, some of my prettiest purses are coach,Love the Hobo's. I Love channel too. I like many other designers too. What ever strikes my fancy. I prefer to purchase properties ( land, homes) and businesses that earn income.  My DH is a Stock broker, and likes to spend money on me, fine baby, I love the gifts.  I'm building my own independent wealth, and its not in purses. Grins.

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I love fabulous accessories!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)