Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O: of expensive clothes. Purses?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm being genuine here, please someone tell me why you pay $450-1500 for a bag to stuff shit in?

I'm seriously into fashion and trend but to this day...I have yet to carry a label purse. Coach? Louis Vuitton? Michael Kors?

I could get a COMPUTER for that.

If I shopped right, I could buy a CAR! Lol.

I don't think it's wrong, I have my own ridiculous habit of high end makeup...I'm all for spending money on things you enjoy.

I just don't understand prioritizing, of all things...a purse.

Maybe also because I usually just carry my wallet. My ex-h used to laugh about needing to buy me a purse so he wouldn't have to keep his keys and wallet in his pocket. "I probably still wouldn't carry it." I'd tell him. They just seem so cumbersome. All I need is my wallet and some gloss. And MAYBE a powder. And I'm girly, I just get tired of carrying around crap I rarely actually use.

Disclaimer: This isn't a vent post...I'm seriously inquiring. I feel like I'm missing some secret honestly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I don't even own a purse.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I don't understand spending that much on a purse either. I'm seriously cheap when it comes to purses because I get bored with them relatively quickly. I will not pay more than $20 bucks for one. I even shop second hand stores for them. 

JLo1486
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I don't carry a purse as it is. I also own like 4 pairs of shoes. Tennis shoes,work shoes, and flip flops. I see it as a waste to buy super expensive purses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
At my old job we carried "G" purses... and people would call them guess.... and then ask why they are only $30.... um because they are not guess!
LadyNCVE
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I usually determine the purpose of my purse when I'm buying.  So if it's something I'll use daily, I'll try to get something that is easier to clean.  I typically don't carry makeup with me though.  If I do, it's in a separate makeup bag.  I usually leave them in the car when I'm bringing them out of the house.  

I could take my kids to Disney World with a couple of her purses. lol

Quoting BrighteyedAsh:

That right there is the PART I don't get. Like, hello, your $1500 purse looks great with your Walmart shirt. Lol.

I think maybe it's because purses feel like a burden. And they get messy so easily. Can you remove the lining on expensive purses and clean them or? Maybe it's because I'm a makeup addict...and makeup is messy.

Quoting LadyNCVE:

My limit is $100, and that doesn't mean it's always that much.  Usually a good brand from the outlets. lol. I've learned to appreciate the quality.  They hold up well and last long.  I can't see spending more than that though.  Especially the high end $1500 stuff. I have a friend who has super expenses purses but doesn't necessarily have the "rest" to go with it.  

A_McCool
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I hate purses.  I carry a wallet.

nsparky1964
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Yep I've got close to 10k of ink on my body, I'm sure many women here have close to that in purses....

Quoting MissMissfit:

Some people prefer to spend their money on different things. I would never spend more than $50 on a purse, but I spend thousands upon thousands on tattoos. 

To each their own. 

ninjakids
by Christina on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM
The most ive paid for purses was 45.00 & i barely use it. I dont even carry a wallet i just use my pockets lmao
Mcelly
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I'm not a fan of Coach, but show me a Fendi of Dior and I drool. It's like a piece of jewelry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM
For the same reason people buy expensive watches; the craftsmanship, the materials, the quality...they're wearable art. And if taken care of properly, they last FOREVER. So really, $1,000 bucks is a reasonable amount to pay for such an investment.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)