Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O: of expensive clothes. Purses?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm being genuine here, please someone tell me why you pay $450-1500 for a bag to stuff shit in?

I'm seriously into fashion and trend but to this day...I have yet to carry a label purse. Coach? Louis Vuitton? Michael Kors?

I could get a COMPUTER for that.

If I shopped right, I could buy a CAR! Lol.

I don't think it's wrong, I have my own ridiculous habit of high end makeup...I'm all for spending money on things you enjoy.

I just don't understand prioritizing, of all things...a purse.

Maybe also because I usually just carry my wallet. My ex-h used to laugh about needing to buy me a purse so he wouldn't have to keep his keys and wallet in his pocket. "I probably still wouldn't carry it." I'd tell him. They just seem so cumbersome. All I need is my wallet and some gloss. And MAYBE a powder. And I'm girly, I just get tired of carrying around crap I rarely actually use.

Disclaimer: This isn't a vent post...I'm seriously inquiring. I feel like I'm missing some secret honestly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Replies (31-40):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I hate logo anything.....I dont want C or LV all over my garments. To me it looks trashy regardless of its cost. The most I ever spent on a purse was 50 its an eggplant colored organic hemp purse from etsy. I spend a lot on my jeans(no junk all over them) and a few pairs of shoes...frye boots....I have a pair of el naturalista red mary jane pumps...and some sanuks. I wouldnt spend 400 on any one item. I buy my kids too much stuff lol
anitarichman
by Anita on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I love purses!  I buy them on ebay or at the coach outlet for cheap and my Marc Jacobs was a gift.  The cheap bags don't last and are a waste of money. 

AleaKat
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I'm not into name brands either. I don't get it!
They are hideous to me.
I think the only brand I seek is Ed hardy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I'll spend money on a good bag.  I like bags, but I don't buy them often.  I'll spend money on them though because of the quality.  A good quality bag will last you forever.  My mom has a Gucci bag that is over 25 years old that still looks brand new and has been worth every single penny she spent on it.   I have several bags that are 15 years old that are in fantastic condition. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM
OT but I need a recomendation for a high end diaper bag. I dont care about brand, I just want awesome quality that will last. Any suggestions
mary841108
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM

the most expensive purses i own are an $80 calvin klein purse and a $50 nine west purse. that is all lol

ninjakids
by Christina on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I have one of them haha my friend bought hers from the same place as me and went around bragging she has guess purses lmao! She bought d&g sunglasses there to and still swears they are dolce & gabana (sp?) lol

Quoting Anonymous:

At my old job we carried "G" purses... and people would call them guess.... and then ask why they are only $30.... um because they are not guess!

BrighteyedAsh
by Ashley on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Me too!! Lol

Quoting A_McCool:

I hate purses.  I carry a wallet.

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Why waste you money on makeup? The shelf life of make up is much shorter then a purse. Just playing devils advocate 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM
My DF bought me a coach purse in Japan (not in the PX) and they had an insane sale and got it for more then 75% off... The most I bought for myself was 200 dollar pumps from Steve Madden... I wore them any chance I could so now they're worn out and I had to scrap them... Other ten that I live within my budget... But for women who can afford it without it hurting them the rest of the month then more power to them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN