Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O: of expensive clothes. Purses?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm being genuine here, please someone tell me why you pay $450-1500 for a bag to stuff shit in?

I'm seriously into fashion and trend but to this day...I have yet to carry a label purse. Coach? Louis Vuitton? Michael Kors?

I could get a COMPUTER for that.

If I shopped right, I could buy a CAR! Lol.

I don't think it's wrong, I have my own ridiculous habit of high end makeup...I'm all for spending money on things you enjoy.

I just don't understand prioritizing, of all things...a purse.

Maybe also because I usually just carry my wallet. My ex-h used to laugh about needing to buy me a purse so he wouldn't have to keep his keys and wallet in his pocket. "I probably still wouldn't carry it." I'd tell him. They just seem so cumbersome. All I need is my wallet and some gloss. And MAYBE a powder. And I'm girly, I just get tired of carrying around crap I rarely actually use.

Disclaimer: This isn't a vent post...I'm seriously inquiring. I feel like I'm missing some secret honestly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Everyone has their thing. My Mom loved purses. She had quite a collection of expensive bags that I have inherited and are in a basket in the garage. To me a purse is a utilitarian item. It's used to carry stuff. Yes, I want it to look nice, but I won't pay a ton of money for it. Payless has a lot of nice bags and are cheap...lol.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I don't use purses.
Id spend that on a wallet because I regularly destroy mine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

This is my favorite. It will last years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Why do you feel the need to buy high end make up? Because you like it right? Well maybe other people just like those purses, it's none of your concern...get over it.

Shabbydoll78
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I have a thing for purses, but not the uber expensive ones. I'm more of a Fossil gal. They run between 150- 250. That's about my max.

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AleaKat:

I'm not into name brands either. I don't get it!
They are hideous to me.
I think the only brand I seek is Ed hardy.

To each their own I rather have a good quality leather handbag then something a teenager might carry.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Kate Spade has some great ones, so does Gucci.

Quoting Anonymous:

OT but I need a recomendation for a high end diaper bag. I dont care about brand, I just want awesome quality that will last. Any suggestions

BrighteyedAsh
by Ashley on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I LOVE Etsy. I feel like handmade from a good artisan is much more worth the cost AND I love to support independent retailers. The fact that there are so many custom things too...and they're unique but trendy...yea...Etsy is amazing.

Though some people do price weirdly. I was Sally (as in Jack and Sally) for Halloween...and while browsing, someone was charging like $200 for a set of stitch jewelry. :-/

http://etsy.me/zwn3CN

Quoting svolkov:

I hate logo anything.....I dont want C or LV all over my garments. To me it looks trashy regardless of its cost. The most I ever spent on a purse was 50 its an eggplant colored organic hemp purse from etsy. I spend a lot on my jeans(no junk all over them) and a few pairs of shoes...frye boots....I have a pair of el naturalista red mary jane pumps...and some sanuks. I wouldnt spend 400 on any one item. I buy my kids too much stuff lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Now that is hideous!

Quoting AleaKat:

I'm not into name brands either. I don't get it!
They are hideous to me.
I think the only brand I seek is Ed hardy.

KTU
by Kim on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I don't have any crazy expensive purses, but I can understand paying $1000 for a purse that is never going to go out of style and will last for years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)