Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish people would just pay their damn bills!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 102 Replies

So we moved into our new house the end of december. With ds getting older we thought it would be a good idea to get a house phone, so if his friends want to call they don't have to call my cell phone. Well, it seems the number we got assigned previously belonged to some lady that apparently has ALOT of debt and hasn't paid ANY of her bills.

I get atleast 15-20 calls a day asking for this "Jennifer. " Every time I answer the phone, I tell them this is not her number anymore, we just moved and got this number in December and to please remove this number from her account. Half the time, I'm pretty sure they just don't believe me since I am a woman and assume I must be "Jennifer" trying to get out of paying her shit. I am SO over it. The same companys call 3-4 times a day and there must be atleast 10 different companies looking for this lady. WHAT CAN I DO??!?! I could change our number but I shouldn't freaking have to! Why do people rack up so much debt and then just bail when it comes time to pay?! SO freaking annoying!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Get their addresses and send a certified letter telling them not to contact you anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM
2 moms liked this

you start saying if you call again I will contact an attorney and file harrassment charges.   Or you ask for a manager so you can file harrassment charges direct with the company.     I went thru that.  It is against the law for them to continue calling you after you say they have the wrong number. 

nikabear
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I get those calls as well. Only had my house phone a week and they call three maybe four times a day. I just told them that we just got this number a week ago and the person who had the number before no longer has it. They thanked me and removed my number from their system. Now I no longer get those types of calls
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Next time they call ask to talk to management.
We had that problem with DH cell phone and the weird part is the person had the same name. (DH has a very common first and last name. ) He started asking for management every time someone called and they stopped.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Well, thats what I tell them and they just keep calling. :(

Quoting nikabear:

I get those calls as well. Only had my house phone a week and they call three maybe four times a day. I just told them that we just got this number a week ago and the person who had the number before no longer has it. They thanked me and removed my number from their system. Now I no longer get those types of calls

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Never thought of asking to speak to management! I will try that, thanks!

Quoting Anonymous:

Next time they call ask to talk to management.
We had that problem with DH cell phone and the weird part is the person had the same name. (DH has a very common first and last name. ) He started asking for management every time someone called and they stopped.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM
4 moms liked this

get a little air horn and everytime they call use it, they'll stop. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Tell them that if they continue to call they will hear from your attorney. That's what I did and they eventually stopped calling.

nikabear
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Have you spoken to a supervisor???

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, thats what I tell them and they just keep calling. :(

Quoting nikabear:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM

My mom always threatens to call the FBI when she gets calls about my sister's debt.  They don't call again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured