Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone here have benign brain tumors?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I just found out i have one.

the neurologist told me they are quite common and acted like it was no big deal. if it grows they may have to remove it but for right now it isn't affecting anything so they will just monitor it every 6months at first; then yearly later.

However, the reason why we found it was of all the pain and pressure I was getting in my head. I am now on medication for those things.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM

no

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:30 AM
My SIL does. She takes medicine to keep it under control. They don't want to have to remove it.
She has a bunch of health problems though...I don't know if it has anything to do with the tumor though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM
No. Drs thought I had one when I was younger because I had headaches/migraines everyday and when I was a kid- I had nosebleeds from it. They found nothing.

Years and years later... I now have a cold spot in the back of my head... it feels like something is turning going from cold to hot and I get a pressure in that spot that causes my neck to bend down randomly. Dr said its lympth nodes... but hasn't done testing. I am getting a second opinion.

I believe you should get a second opinion. Tell them how you are suffering as well. Hopefully they can do something for you. GD luck and I wish you the best!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM
My grandma does and hers can not be removed at all. She's on medication for it. Its pretty big too.
skyelyns_mommie
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I do and I've had surgery twice to remove it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

My grandma does and hers can not be removed at all. She's on medication for it. Its pretty big too.

mine is 4cm. I don't know if its big; it looks big on the scans he showed me. its toward the front of my head; off to the side directly behind my forehead.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM

My dad had one. It was large enough that they had to remove it and he was also getting heachaches and having numbness in his leg. Since having the surgery, he walks with a limp, still has numbness in his leg foot and often times just loses all use of the leg.

lovehimforever
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM
No. I have a medical condition that mimics a brain tumor. I get headaches, lots of pressure in my head and temporarily have impaired vision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allebas
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I have a friend who had a benign tumor in her brain. Thankfully, it was able to be removed without any complications. She had been suffering from memory loss, horrible headaches and nausea. They told her there is a chance it could grow back. She goes in every 6 months for a CAT scan to check and see if its back or not. Its been a couple of years now, and so far it has not returned. Good luck to you OP!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Quoting Allebas:

I have a friend who had a benign tumor in her brain. Thankfully, it was able to be removed without any complications. She had been suffering from memory loss, horrible headaches and nausea. They told her there is a chance it could grow back. She goes in every 6 months for a CAT scan to check and see if its back or not. Its been a couple of years now, and so far it has not returned. Good luck to you OP!!

I have had memory loss as well. i just feel fuzzy sometimes.

the main things that i went to the doctor for though are the pain and pressure..it wasn't a headache pain but more like a pain of someone pushing there. its hard to explain.

i was in shock when they said there was tumor there and i would need to see a neurologist.

The neurologist then acted like it was no big deal and was like you'll live.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)