Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously cannot stand my DD's teacher. AGHHHH! WTF!?! EDIT #2

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Sent an email to my DD's 1st grade teacher last night giving her a heads up for today letting her know that I would be checking her out today early at 1:30 because she has to be at the gym for a private lesson due to the fact she had to miss hers yesterday because her sisters were sick and I couldn't get her there. Mind you this kid doesn't miss school, is a top student, yada, yada, yada. 

My dd has a meet tomorrow morning and this is her last private before the meet, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Not a big deal right? 

I get this response... 

Dear Mrs. ....

I think this is ridiculous. She is not being checked out for an academic reason or a Dr's appt. There is no excuse for her to miss school for a private gymnastics lesson. If I had a say in this, it would be unexcused and she would not be able to make up the work she will miss. I assume this will not become a habit.

are you friggin kiddin me?!?!?!? It is only a half hour early! 

I have a response for this woman! Is starts with an F and ends with a YOU!!! 

Who on earth is she to talk to me like that? My kid never misses school, has never been in trouble a day in her life, is on the principals honor roll, WTF?!? I haven't liked this teacher from day one. She is great with the kids but is socially awkward  with adults. I don't even know what to say other than AGHHHHHHHH! WTF ! 

• ****Edit******
  • My email response...
  • Dear Mrs...
  • Thank you for your kind informative words. I wasn't looking for opinions about my descision   to take ....out of school early or permission to do so. I was simply trying to give you the courtesy of prior notice in the event that you needed it. I am her mother and I will do what I deem necessary. I will not be needing any more input from you in reference to my parental choices. In the future I will simply go to the front office to sign her out without sending you notice. Have a lovely weekend.
  • Sincerely,
  • Mrs. ...

*****Edit #2 the Final KICKER!!!*******

So when I went to check my dd out I noticed the secretary said someone else's name when they called the classroom. I just assumed it was the new college intern they have who I haven't met yet this week. I just asked my 3rd grader who this Miss so and so is and she says oh, that's the new Music teacher intern. WHAAAAAAAT THE WHATTT! After ALLL this bs she was is in friggin Music class anyway!?! Meaning she was all packed and ready to go and NOT DOING ANY CLASS WORK!!! I want to punch this woman in the neck. At this point all I can do is laugh and get through the next four months. My daughter loves her. That's all that matters right? Oh.ma.Gawd! 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my that is horrible. I would say something to principle about her response. My son has never been out and the next few weeks he has drs appointments in morning which will be excused and to better be able to help him. If it is a half hour early all they will be doing is preparing for going home. She sounds absolutely ridiculous herself and had no right whatsoever to say that. Thank God my son's teacher is very helpful and accommodating for us.
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM
She has a point
Shes just putting it plain and simple
Not professional of her, but she got her point across.
Half hr may not mean anything to you, but it may to the teacher if she is doing something thats planned in that last 1/2 hr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slw123
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this

You probably shouldn't have mentioned WHY she was being checked out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Well I respect you opinions but I disagree. Sometimes it just works that way. My other daughter will miss an entire day of school in March for a cheer completion, that however has been approved for a few months by the admin. Work will be completed ahead of time. But this is a half hour early on a Friday. To me it's not a big deal for a student with the kind of grades she has. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't even pull my kids for an appointment (unless its an emergency). They are a scheduled after school. I even plan out their dental exams so one is in the summer and the other is during winter break from school. I agree it should be unexcused. School comes first and it teaches bad habits to miss for an activity.
mary841108
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM

i agree with the teacher on this one. a private gymnastics meeting is more important than school, why? i dont think it is. i dont even schedule kids DRs appts during school hours because there is nothing more important than an education. smh.

m0m23b0ys458
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Pretty sure using the R word is against TOS.Might want to change that.

As for your post.Yes,the teacher was a bitch about it.But the fault is not totally her's.Had you just said you needed to pick DD up,and left it at that,she wouldn't have been able to judge you for the reason you were taking her out.Next time,keep the details to yourself if you don't want to hear the teacher's opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Remember, she has an entire class she's looking after.  She's  having to help multiple children with makeup work every week because they missed school for whatever reason.  I realize this is a one time thing and should be a big deal, but for her it is.  If something like this ever occurs again, just say she has an appointment.  Nobody needs to know what for.

TypeAndRun

and accept the consequences, unexcused absence=cannot makeup work

Quoting Anonymous:

I would send an email back thanking her for her input, but say that being this is your child, you will be the one making the decision on when it is acceptable for her to miss school. Say the email you sent was not asking permission, it was simply a courtesy email to let her know your dd would be leaving

Christy_517
2 moms liked this
I never specify what my kids missing school for. It can open a can of worms that doesn't concern them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)