Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously cannot stand my DD's teacher. AGHHHH! WTF!?! EDIT #2

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Sent an email to my DD's 1st grade teacher last night giving her a heads up for today letting her know that I would be checking her out today early at 1:30 because she has to be at the gym for a private lesson due to the fact she had to miss hers yesterday because her sisters were sick and I couldn't get her there. Mind you this kid doesn't miss school, is a top student, yada, yada, yada. 

My dd has a meet tomorrow morning and this is her last private before the meet, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Not a big deal right? 

I get this response... 

Dear Mrs. ....

I think this is ridiculous. She is not being checked out for an academic reason or a Dr's appt. There is no excuse for her to miss school for a private gymnastics lesson. If I had a say in this, it would be unexcused and she would not be able to make up the work she will miss. I assume this will not become a habit.

are you friggin kiddin me?!?!?!? It is only a half hour early! 

I have a response for this woman! Is starts with an F and ends with a YOU!!! 

Who on earth is she to talk to me like that? My kid never misses school, has never been in trouble a day in her life, is on the principals honor roll, WTF?!? I haven't liked this teacher from day one. She is great with the kids but is socially awkward  with adults. I don't even know what to say other than AGHHHHHHHH! WTF ! 

• ****Edit******
  • My email response...
  • Dear Mrs...
  • Thank you for your kind informative words. I wasn't looking for opinions about my descision   to take ....out of school early or permission to do so. I was simply trying to give you the courtesy of prior notice in the event that you needed it. I am her mother and I will do what I deem necessary. I will not be needing any more input from you in reference to my parental choices. In the future I will simply go to the front office to sign her out without sending you notice. Have a lovely weekend.
  • Sincerely,
  • Mrs. ...

*****Edit #2 the Final KICKER!!!*******

So when I went to check my dd out I noticed the secretary said someone else's name when they called the classroom. I just assumed it was the new college intern they have who I haven't met yet this week. I just asked my 3rd grader who this Miss so and so is and she says oh, that's the new Music teacher intern. WHAAAAAAAT THE WHATTT! After ALLL this bs she was is in friggin Music class anyway!?! Meaning she was all packed and ready to go and NOT DOING ANY CLASS WORK!!! I want to punch this woman in the neck. At this point all I can do is laugh and get through the next four months. My daughter loves her. That's all that matters right? Oh.ma.Gawd! 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Sorry, but I agree with the teacher.

The excuse should not have been mentioned then, but gymnastics is an extracurricular activity so seeing it as that, school takes precedence over extracurriculars.

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

forward that email to the principal, just NOT acceptable.

slw123
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

No, I get it.  But now that you know what she's like, the less she knows the better.  I've checked one child out because the other needed to go home because of a headache 1/2 hour before school was letting out.  Or if we wanted to start our vacation a little early.  I just tell them 'appointment'.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was just being honest and I know my daughter has talked to her non stop about the meet. I didn't see an issue with it. Ya know? Lol 

Quoting slw123:

You probably shouldn't have mentioned WHY she was being checked out.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM

The teacher could work on her delivery, she just seems to be blunt. BUT she has a point. School comes before sports and it is not a good reason to be checked out of school early. Private lessons should be after school OR you could home school and then you could arrange the schedule as you want.

LoveTragedyFun
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Another reason I am glad I home school. Good luck dealing with this woman. The school year is almost over, you'll be done with her soon

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Just an FYI- using the R word as a slur/insult is against TOS.   OP was stating that the teacher's adult social skills were retarded - in the meaning of stunted/not fully developed/etc, which is a common definition of the word "retarded"

Quoting m0m23b0ys458:

Pretty sure using the R word is against TOS.Might want to change that.

As for your post.Yes,the teacher was a bitch about it.But the fault is not totally her's.Had you just said you needed to pick DD up,and left it at that,she wouldn't have been able to judge you for the reason you were taking her out.Next time,keep the details to yourself if you don't want to hear the teacher's opinion.

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I always either give "appt." as a reason, or don't give a reason. A lot of times if I have to take Keaton to his Neurologist or Urologist, I don't have anyone available to get Colton at the end of the day so I have no choice but take them both......the school doesn't need to know that, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I would have responded back

Dear Teacher,
Thank god you no say in this. In regards to your opinion kindly keep it to your self and worry about the teaching aspect of your job and not in what you think is right.

Have a great day, the person who makes the decisions.
DD's mom.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this

You're the reason why teachers can't stand parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I don't think that what you checked her out for was unreasonable. This is why I don't have my kids in public schools though because the institutional curriculum makes everything so difficult. Hi probably just said it was for an appointment or something...really none of their business where you take your child once you leave school property.

The teacher sounds like a bitch though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)