Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Drinking soda

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 135 Replies

Confess...does your child drink soda regularly?

Sometimes?

Never?

Why?

**in our house, we buy one bottle of soda a week to share between five people on Saturdays...that's about one glass each per person (kids ages 12, 10, and 7).  We are ok with it, and we teach our kids that it is ok in limited consumption.  Same with sweets, and portion control.  We all are a healthy weight.  I was told by another mom at school that any kid being exposed to drinking soda should be put in foster care because the parents do not care about the kid. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Yup. He can have soda whenever he wants. He usually gets a can of coke a day anyway.
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Not regularly. Not even once a month. Every once in a while they can have a little ginger ale, orange soda or sprite.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Behindthelense
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Sometimes. Usually when we go out to eat. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope! The most he ever has is a sip and even still MAYBE once or twice a month. I can't stand people that just give their kids soda whenever the hell they want. I have a friend with a two year old and they just constantly put sprite in the kids sippy cup. Even when she has a bottle of water in her other hand! Ugh, seriously?!?!

ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM
My husband drinks a lot of soda,I try to drink two a week but sometimes soda just tastes so good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gizmo538
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Never. My kids are not allowed to drink soda. My oldest is 2 and I caught my dad giving her a coke once after I told them that I didn't want my DD drinking soda, especially at such a young age. When they get older, I may allow them to have a coke or something every once in a while, but not regularly.

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

No. One glass of soda a day raises your risk of diabetes by 25%. They can have a small glass for special events, like Christmas or a birthday and the older kids can have a glass when we go out to eat if they like, but its not kept in the house and they don't get it regularly. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

No, we don't. I limit it greatly. No pop at all and no juice except on special occassions. DD is 7.

I don't think think one glass of pop a week is a big deal though. So she's nuts. Lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM
3 moms liked this

No, but my children are really young. That other mother should SEE some of the stuff kids get put into foster care for. I hate when people say that children should be removed for such trivial reasons. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM

oh wow really??? My ds can have it anytime he wants... he perfers milk or juice but occasionaly he wants a coke when we got thru mcdonalds or any place like that....  hehehe :)

and me... I drink 1 -2 cokes a days...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN