Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Omg! My child is getting mean!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I asked my 4 year old to take her hello kitty doll to her room. She blantantly told me no and threw it in her brother's room. Then put her hands on her hips like what now?
She's never acted like that! I swatted her rear and sent her to her room. I will be going to have a talk with her when she calms down
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Doesn't sound mean to me at all. Just sounds like a bratty 4 year old girl. Attitude problem yes, mean no. I have issues like that with my dd and she's 8, but she's not mean either, just a girl. Lol
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:44 PM

She needs to be taken down a notch.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I'd take the doll away and tell her she can have it back when she learns to treat her toys with respect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:44 PM
She's never done that before! How do I stop it?

My 8 year old son has never even done that! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Doesn't sound mean to me at all. Just sounds like a bratty 4 year old girl. Attitude problem yes, mean no. I have issues like that with my dd and she's 8, but she's not mean either, just a girl. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:45 PM
That is a great idea. Thanks! I'm going to have a little talk with her now

Quoting carterscutie85:

I'd take the doll away and tell her she can have it back when she learns to treat her toys with respect.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Oh yeah.you need to get THE LOOK. Dd did that to dh the other day. He argued with her for a while and was getting angry. I told him "watch this, lizzie take your pillow pet and put it on your bed now". She yelled no like i figured she would so i raised my voice and said "EXCUSE ME?!?!" And i gave her THE LOOK. She picked up that pillow pet and ran to her room. Dh cracked up laughing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM

the look is a must have in parenting! to this day when my mom gives me the look I get nervous lol

All i have to do is give the look and say 1 like im getting ready to count to three and that little boy is running to do whatever i told him like his life depends on it lol

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Oh yeah.you need to get THE LOOK. Dd did that to dh the other day. He argued with her for a while and was getting angry. I told him "watch this, lizzie take your pillow pet and put it on your bed now". She yelled no like i figured she would so i raised my voice and said "EXCUSE ME?!?!" And i gave her THE LOOK. She picked up that pillow pet and ran to her room. Dh cracked up laughing.

needsupport100
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:54 PM

my favorite line i give my dd starting at 2 "if MOMMY has to pick it up, it's going in the trash you have to the count of 5 to do what you're told." if the kid still does that......throw the damn thing away and LET the kid cry (if you really don't wannt to throw it way, make the kid THINK you did, bag it up until they deserve for you to "buy a new one")

my dd knows if *I* have to pick her shit up, i'll throw it all away, and i HAVE........it didn't take long for her to straighten up.

then after you take the toy away, imo she needs punished for telling you no........of course , that's my BIGGEST pet peeve, for ANY kid to tell me or their parents "no" in my house when told to do something.

that will set me on fire SO FREAKING fast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Lol. I guess I don't have the look! My 8 year old is so easy , he is laid back and calm. I'm not prepared for this! Lol

I took away her doll and explained to her why she got a spanking and sent to her room. She apologized but I can't tell she's still mad.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)