Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confession....

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 0 Replies

*I know I will ruffle feathers for this, but this is how I feel*

In this world of social networking, it isn't uncommon for the first thing for women who just gave birth to post a status about it. I love hearing about the babies (as I do read about it from the moment of conception) and glad to know that mom and baby are doing fine... BUT there is something that agitates the crap out of me when the moms do it.

I hate when moms add to the status saying how they did it natural and how they should be praised for it(especially when they were only in labor for a small period of time). Big deal! Every single one of our ancestors did that. They did what they needed to have their children and it was just another delievery.

I didn't need praise when I was in labor(with my daughter) for 12 hours and doing it naturally and I know women my age that had longer labor and did it naturally. In fact, the woman that I shared a room with when I had my daughter was in labor for 37 hours and refused an epidural. 

Did I have one for my 2nd child? Yes, he was hooked on my pelvis and I was dying from the pain (my heart rate skyrocketed every contraction), so the doctor advised me to do so. I even had to get a spinal tap because they had to do an emergency C-section.

I believe EVERY mother has their own share of prideful moments and should be praised for them. I don't glorify either of my delieveries. I did what is natural for a pregnant woman. So, why should they feel the need to glorify theirs?

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured