Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No lady, your kids aren't welcome everywhere

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 259 Replies
3 moms liked this
Every Friday, my friends and I take over a salon near us. It's been a weekly tradition for two years now. Its our time to relax without our kids. Today, a young mom came in with her screaming, ill behaved child.
We complained to the staff until she was asked to leave. Why would you bring your child to a place like this?
The fumes are not good for a young child. And second, if you're child is not well behaved, don't subject others to them.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM
6 moms liked this

maybe she didn't have an other option??? I dunno. I perfer to do things like that without kids as well. And if you take your kids make sure they behave. But that doesn't mean everyone has the luxery to do that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM
17 moms liked this
Well aren't you just a ray of fucking sunshine.
christina0607
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM
51 moms liked this

Meh...you choose to go out in public, so the public you have to deal with. the world shouldn;t have to stop for you, nor does it revolve around you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM
8 moms liked this

sounds like you and your hench mob wouldn't like ANYONE in YOUR salon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM
6 moms liked this

Perhaps she was there to get her hair done for a no kids invited wedding that she will be taking her kid to anyway?

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM
3 moms liked this

Y'know, I never really had much thought to it until I went and got my hair done recently. This woman brought along her 3 kids to the salon, and they were loud, grabbing candy from the waiting area, sitting there staring at me get my hair cut...the mom had to stop a few times to correct their behavior.

Where were my kids when I got my hair done? With DH. I would never bring my kids along with me to get my hair done, nails done, etc. It's just not a place for small children, period. Chances are, if you can afford to do any of that, you can afford someone to watch your kid (hell, if you wanna be cheap, get a friend to do it and buy 'em lunch as payment!).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
It's common courtesy. And common sense.

Quoting christina0607:

Meh...you choose to go out in public, so the public you have to deal with. the world shouldn;t have to stop for you, nor does it revolve around you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Not at all. There were two other women in the salon as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

sounds like you and your hench mob wouldn't like ANYONE in YOUR salon.

MeAndTommyLee
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:10 PM
5 moms liked this

When I go to the salon I do not take my children.  Honestly, I need some quiet, calm, and peace.  Besides my children are NOT going to sit perfectly still because they ARE kids.  I know the difference.  Children should not be running wild in any public place that is NOT Chuck E Cheese.  LOL 

maybe80
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't take kids to a salon. No way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)