Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What age will you give your child a cell phone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

and why that age?

I'm not giving my son one until he turns 16 and can drive (unless that age lowers) he has no need for one until then because i will know where he is.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kitschy
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to think as soon as they went to school, for emergency purposes, but after watching Dr Sanjay Gupta on the Dr Oz show talk about cell phones and the way the radiation enters your brain and the thinner skull of a child............My kids aren't getting cell phones from me at all for a very very long time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
The day they start driving. I didn't have a phone until then. My parents knew where I was at and what I was doing because they always took me. When I started driving, they got the cell phones for assurances purposes. That's how it will be here as well.

Now my kids now, ages 7 and 4, have my old out of service android phones for games and apps, but they won't get a fully functioning phone until the age of driving.
missamanda86
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Im not giving my kid a cell phone ever. If they want one, they can get a job and pay for it. I didnt have a cell phone until I could pay for it, and I turned out just fine

IhartU
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Since we don't have cell phones, the kids can have one when they can pay for themselves.

bearbait
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM

My kids have cell phones they are 12, 13, and 14. 

PeaceMuch
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I am honestly not sure on age. I think when they start going off without us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM

mine all got them between 10 - 13 /  once after school sports and stuff started they had to have them 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM

when she started high school. That was 1 of her graduation gifts. 

aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:46 PM

my 7 yr old plays on a spare Iphone that his daddy discarded.  it doesnt have phone capabilities, that part isnt activated, but it has the internet and he looks up abcya and other educational sites. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN