Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

TGIF or D&D

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:08 PM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Which one?

Options:

TGIF

D&D

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 27

View Results

Friday Nights after closing, anyone who wants to gets together at work for drinks and food and socializing... "TGIF"

I've been blowing it off for a month and a half to stay home, and I told everyone I would try to be there this week

DH has had a long week too, our nephew and cousin have been here since it is school break and DH is just worn out dealing with a 12yo, a 9yo AND our two kids. He wants me to stay home and play Dungeons & Dragons with him. I have vodka so we are all set on the drinking front (not that I would have more than one either place I choose)

Ugh... Im torn between my loyalty to DH... and really wanting to go out... 

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Ugh, I feel like an awful wife for even considering going out.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:10 PM

IMO  everyone deserves to go out every once and awhile.  So I vote for going out with your coworkers :)  Maybe he can get together with his friends once a month or so to hang out??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I dunno I would probably ask dh if you coulf do it Sat. Night? You don't want to make your coworkers think you don't like them. ;p .
thecoffeefairy
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this
Omg! I love d&d! I would have some yummy game food, Martini's and d&d fun! So... Can I have a soda?? I wanna mt. Dew... Can I have a mt. Dew??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FunnyKids
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I love my dh so it would be d&d for me. I think going out is overrated anyway
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

IMO  everyone deserves to go out every once and awhile.  So I vote for going out with your coworkers :)  Maybe he can get together with his friends once a month or so to hang out??

He has a weekly game date with a bunch of friends, but it's been stormed out for the last three weeks and looks like it's going to be again this week... :(

FunnyKids
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM
You sound like you've had plenty of caffeine!

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

Omg! I love d&d! I would have some yummy game food, Martini's and d&d fun! So... Can I have a soda?? I wanna mt. Dew... Can I have a mt. Dew??

anitarichman
by Anita on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:15 PM

TGIF! Go out!  Go for 2ish hours, then go home and play D&D.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Quoting anyotherday:

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

He has a weekly game date with a bunch of friends, but it's been stormed out for the last three weeks and looks like it's going to be again this week... :(

Maybe he can call up his buddies and schedule something else since they have been stormed out for the last few weeks??  Worth a try.  Even if it's just one or two buddies and possibly go out to eat or w/e men like to do.. lol!  I think going out with your coworkers can be refreshing for you :)

gblossom
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I'd stay with my husband <3 If we have free time, it's spent with each other.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)