Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sil has a controlling husband.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

My sil and her husband are living with us for 6 weeks. All they do is fight! The second her DH walks in the house, there is a fight not even10 seconds later. I feel so bad for her shes 7 months pregnant. Last night her husband asked us to take her to go pick up a swing and bouncer for the baby so we took her. Well he calls us texting us, over and over about how he forgot his key and he is very disappointed in her for not being home when he came home and now hes going to pass out because he cant eat lunch. So we rush home to let him in. When we come in he asks us if we can all speak as a family. His words were to us were " i am very disappointed in my wife for not being home so i can eat, she is now going to lose all of her privileges and is grounded.She disobeyed me and now she is dealing with the consequences" My jaw fell to the floor!!! I could not believe she has privileges and gets grounded. 

This guy acts like a 3 year old and hes freaking 29. He complains daily about anything and everything, trying to make an argument.

I wish she would just up and leave but she wont and i just cant understand why. how can i talk to her? Or should i just mind my own business?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristyKat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I would punch him and tell him if that is the case, he needs to be "man enough" to get his own family a place.

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Is this your husband's sister?  Your husband should really put this jackass in his place.

gblossom
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Mind your business but always lets your sil know you are there to talk, if she wants to <3 Good luck to her

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd be telling him that HE needs to find somewhere else to go, but SIL is staying there. HE needs to be punched in the throat. I'm guessing this is your husband's sister? What does he have to say about this?

Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Or you could just kick him out.  Your SIL can stay, but he has to go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Sounds like my DH.

We make it work though. I know my place now, so I don't get into trouble anymore.

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM

It's okay.  They are just in a dd relationship.  She likes it.

ETA:  what is the sarcastic font on this site?

momma2b2008
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I'd tell him this is MY house and MY rules are no one over the age of 18 is to be grounded and lose privileges! And if he doesn't like it then he can get the fuxk out!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sissykay78
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM
If someone was treating my sister that way they sure as HELL wouldn't do it under my roof! Id throw his shit out the front door. And honestly coming from someone who was in a abusive relationship I know she won't leave till she decideds for herself. And most likely she will go with him..But you have to let her figure it out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I don't know maybe letting her vent with u might help her feel better..sometimes that is all someone needs and maybe it will come out of her to admit whether of not she wants to leave him
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured