Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If You're Pro-Life .... (Pro-Choicers please feel free to drop in) *ETA* *ETA2*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 196 Replies
3 moms liked this

I am Pro-Choice. All of these abortion posts got me thinking ...

If you are very much against abortions how do you feel about pulling the plug on someone or giving an ok to not resuscitate?

Isn't it similar? If the person can't make their own choices?

If brain activity in a fetus doesn't start until 6 weeks isn't it safe to say that abortions before 6 weeks aren't that bad? Why is it about when the heart beats? That's just the muscle/ organ to pump blood through the body. Would brain activity be the thing to put out there instead of the heart? The brain activity is where we decipher pain.

So, ladies, what do you think? And .... Let's try to BE LADIES and no flinging poo!

*ETA* Not all births end in happy healthy babies.

*614.7 deaths to 100,000 live births (CDC)
*10-25% of all clinically recognized pregnancies end in miscarriage (APA)
*1 baby is stillborn to every 160 (March of Dimes)

Many of you have posted about healthy babies if left continuing to grow. I have posted reference next to each fact.

*ETA2* What I'm trying to say, that most of you arent getting, is why is one person's life less than the life of a fetus. How can you say " Oh, well they've lived."  How can you say its ok to kill (pull the plug) someone who has no brain activity but not ok to abort a fetus that doesn't have any brain activity? If the mother wants. Obviously. I'm not saying abort every child. I'm not trying to change your beliefs. You aren't going to change my beliefs. I'm curious on what you would do in this situation and why.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I am pro-choice too, though I personally wouldn't ever abort, and I agree with you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Interesting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never had an abortion but I would like the choice if I ever found myself in a place where it was absolutely necessary.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am pro-choice too, though I personally wouldn't ever abort, and I agree with you.

brebugmom91
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM
5 moms liked this

If someone's on life support they're more than likely going to die. There isn't a very high percentage a baby will die, unless something's wrong. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Interesting in a good way or that you think I'm a dumbass? Lol!

Quoting winkyloafer:

Interesting.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM
5 moms liked this

The pro-lifers will come up with some sort of nonsense  way to rationalize that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM
What about people that are brain dead? Do you let them live like that? Or would you let them go?

Quoting brebugmom91:

If someone's on life support they're more than likely going to die. There isn't a very high percentage a baby will die, unless something's wrong. 

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm pro life. Honestly, I'm not sure what decision I'd make if ever faced with the situation where the person on support doesn't have a will. And that's exactly why I make sure everybody I love has a will. I will respect their choice to recusitate/ not recususitate. But I can honestly say I don't know which way I'd go if I had to decide on my own. Personally, dh and I both are DNR for no brain activity situations.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM
7 moms liked this

Pulling the plug on somebody that's on life support isn't killing them. They're dying because that's what people do eventually. Abortion kills an unborn child that would have otherwise lived. They're opposite actually.

CutieCrab
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Same here

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN