Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

spin off, pet peeves that teachers have about parents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies
1 mom liked this

Since there is a post about pet peeves parents have, I figured I would do one for the teachers, I am both a parent and a teacher and the other post did have some good points/ I can't speak for all teachers but these are mine:

1. The fact that you can't be civil with your ex is not my problem, I am not going to send home 2 sets of school notices unless you can get it worked out with the office to have them send the extra copies to me. I am not spending the 20 minutes I get for lunch making copies.

2. For that matter, unless there is a restraining order in place, I am not scheduling 2 conferences  for the same student. I do these conferences on my own time, I don't get paid extra for the extra hours I spend doing them.

3. Pleas don't try to have an unscheduled conference with me in the morning. If it is just a quick thing, fine but if there is an issue you need to talk about, call me after school or schedule a conference, I do not get to school early for my health, I have stuff I have to do.

4. If you share custody of your kid, please don't have your child bring their overnight bag to school. There isn't room for it and I don't feel like having to guard it to make sure another kid doesn't take his PS Vista (or whatever it is).

5. If your child has an unusual or odd name or a name that is spelled differently then usual, please don't get mad that I might mispronounce his or her name at first.

6. Send your kids in with supplies. You can get the entire list of supplies for the whole year for about $10-15 at the beginning of the school year, please don't make me call you about it.

Anyone have any more?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:21 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:21 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:22 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:23 PM
3 moms liked this

For number 6, as a parent, please accept things other than the "brand name".  I absolutely HATE it when I have to buy school supplies for two kids and the teacher has brand and color specific requests-- like this year, 15 yellow number 2 pre-sharpened pencils-- they had 8 packs of red pre-sharpened #2 pencils, but not red.  So I sent 16 red number 2 pre-sharpened pencils.  And of course I got the look from my daughter's teacher.  Sorry, if you are going to be specific make sure they actually HAVE the things.

And for the PLA/PTAs please, if the school is going to send a notice home that your kid is fat, please don't have a cookie dough sale the very next week.

MamaRae85
by *you're on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM

LOL I'm not a teacher, but I can come up with some complaints about *some* teachers. ;)

MamaRae85
by *you're on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL This cracks me up!

Quoting Anonymous:

And for the PLA/PTAs please, if the school is going to send a notice home that your kid is fat, please don't have a cookie dough sale the very next week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I even tell the parents, I don't care about brands or colors. Some years, we use the different folders for different subjects but other then that I never ask for specific colors.

Quoting Anonymous:

For number 6, as a parent, please accept things other than the "brand name".  I absolutely HATE it when I have to buy school supplies for two kids and the teacher has brand and color specific requests-- like this year, 15 yellow number 2 pre-sharpened pencils-- they had 8 packs of red pre-sharpened #2 pencils, but not red.  So I sent 16 red number 2 pre-sharpened pencils.  And of course I got the look from my daughter's teacher.  Sorry, if you are going to be specific make sure they actually HAVE the things.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Hahaha!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Oh and lol about the cookie dough. I have nothing to do with those letters, they are usually from either the PE teacher or the school nurse but I do get the point. I love  how in PE they are taught that junk food is basically of the devil and then every afternoon they have snack cart that has nothing but junk

Quoting Anonymous:

MamaRae85
by *you're on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you gonna flip out on me if I correct your grammar? =) It's "spelled differently THAN".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN