Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

spin off, pet peeves that teachers have about parents

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Since there is a post about pet peeves parents have, I figured I would do one for the teachers, I am both a parent and a teacher and the other post did have some good points/ I can't speak for all teachers but these are mine:

1. The fact that you can't be civil with your ex is not my problem, I am not going to send home 2 sets of school notices unless you can get it worked out with the office to have them send the extra copies to me. I am not spending the 20 minutes I get for lunch making copies.

2. For that matter, unless there is a restraining order in place, I am not scheduling 2 conferences  for the same student. I do these conferences on my own time, I don't get paid extra for the extra hours I spend doing them.

3. Pleas don't try to have an unscheduled conference with me in the morning. If it is just a quick thing, fine but if there is an issue you need to talk about, call me after school or schedule a conference, I do not get to school early for my health, I have stuff I have to do.

4. If you share custody of your kid, please don't have your child bring their overnight bag to school. There isn't room for it and I don't feel like having to guard it to make sure another kid doesn't take his PS Vista (or whatever it is).

5. If your child has an unusual or odd name or a name that is spelled differently then usual, please don't get mad that I might mispronounce his or her name at first.

6. Send your kids in with supplies. You can get the entire list of supplies for the whole year for about $10-15 at the beginning of the school year, please don't make me call you about it.

Anyone have any more?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Replies (41-50):
DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Hey that mom asked for it! He was just being honest. Can't blame him! Lol ;-) good mom for having the humble talk, that is important, but I still would have given him a high five! ;-) 

Quoting Anonymous:

It was first grade and it was the truth lol  When he got home, we had a long talk about being humble. He's still the smartest kid, but doesn't announce it anymore lol

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Haha! I would have given your son a high five!!! Lol! Love it! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Cracks me up!  We had a mom like that in my son's class.  One day she hugs her kids and squeals "aren't you just the smartest kid here!" and my son replied "Actually I am. Want to see my grades?"

His teacher called me at home to tell me this and I apologized profusely.  She told me not to apologize, because it was the best laugh she had all week.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

I realize that you think your little Suzie or Johnny is oh so special and gifted. But if you are going to be volunteering in my class every day of the week, please include the other children in the activities and please for the love of God stop comparing everything the other children do to your little Einstein or Monet's work for all to hear. Thank you. ;- )

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:28 PM
It is my business why you were out sick. If my kid gets some crazy ass disease because you were in Africa last week and got an illness, I'd like to be able to answer the question in the er: has your child been in contact with someone who has African sleeping sickness? Or some shit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Lol yes because that's likely to happen. Good lord.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is my business why you were out sick. If my kid gets some crazy ass disease because you were in Africa last week and got an illness, I'd like to be able to answer the question in the er: has your child been in contact with someone who has African sleeping sickness? Or some shit
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM
This is why I couldn't be a teacher. I'd have to knock out a few parents and tell a few more off. My sons teacher last year retired and she said if wasn't for the parents/administration she'd still teach.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

No, what I do on my time off or personal time (and yes, teachers get sick days just like any other job) is none of your business. If anyone in the school, including teachers, come down with any kind of infectious disease, a note is sent home so you don't have to worry about that. But I can't stand when parents ask why I was out, it's rude.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Hmm maybe they give a shit about you

Quoting Anonymous:

No, what I do on my time off or personal time (and yes, teachers get sick days just like any other job) is none of your business. If anyone in the school, including teachers, come down with any kind of infectious disease, a note is sent home so you don't have to worry about that. But I can't stand when parents ask why I was out, it's rude.

Quoting Anonymous:

queen_k0302
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Good points.
I just thought all of it was common since. Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:35 PM

That is not the way it comes across, it comes across like "how dare you take a sick day, don't you know that affects MY child now I want to know why you were out so I can decide if it was a good enough reason"

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm maybe they give a shit about you

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

You would think lol

Quoting queen_k0302:

Good points.
I just thought all of it was common since. Lol.

wildhorses420
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I'm not a teacher but I agree with what you've said. How about...parents not taking their kids misbehavior out on the teachers? Or parents actually being supportive of a teachers' reasonable discipline if their kid is consistently disruptive. Frankly, I don't think teachers are paid nearly enough for what you have to put up with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN