Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is behind my sons ears??

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is 5 months old. Hes had this crusty stuff behind his ears for a few months now. I clean it out very often, but the next day its back. i give him a bath every other day, Ive tied giving him more baths, less baths..nothing works. There was more but i took it off before the pic..Any advice???

eta: He used to have bad cradel cap on his head, i finally got rid of it a month ago

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Replies (11-13):
Katalystic
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Grossness.

No, seriously- it's nothing to worry about. I'd just keep cleaning as other mommas have suggested. Good thing babies are sooo darn cute because goodness- they can be nasty! (Having a little chunky one in a very humid state- oh, it was horrible keeping her rolls clean!~)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:01 PM
My son had that and I had no idea how to handle it. It cleared up after a few months on its own though. I thought it would never get better but it did.
Hellobabies
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:04 PM

It looks like excema that has begun to ooze. When you clean the crust off, is there scratch marks? My sons ears got like that from scratching the patch of excema behind it. Keep it clean and use coconut oil to soften it. If it gets worse, you may want to see your ped. Sometimes excema patches can get infected due to scratching, and they can give you some bacterial cream that will take care of the crustiness as well. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)