Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Women who will not date single man with kids....

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
  • 139 Replies

If you are or were to become a single mother, then would you remain single until your kids are adults? 

I am seeing alot of women on here say they would never date a man who has children. So I am curious to know if those same women if they are single do not even attempt to date, or if those mothers were to become single, they wouldn't date?

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM
4 moms liked this

If DH and I divorce then I will never date a man with kids again.

If a man chooses to not date me because of my children then that is his choice.  It's happened before, it didn't bother me.

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM
4 moms liked this

I would remain single indefinitely. I have no plans to date if my husband were to pass away or we were to get a divorce

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

It would take a lot before I would be willing to date again if my husband were to die. I would not date a man with children because I don't want all of that drama and confusion. Yes, I know it is a double standard but that is how I feel.

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't plan on divorcing my husband ever, so not a question I'll have to deal with

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM

No I would not remain single. I would look for  a man who didn't have any children, or at this point since I am getting older grown children might be ok. I would have to see.

bremery
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Same as Wifey. If DH and I were to divorce, I wouldn't date another man with children.

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I feel the same way.  I have the right to decide what I want for my life, and if a man doesn't want to date a woman with kids, that is his right too

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

It would take a lot before I would be willing to date again if my husband were to die. I would not date a man with children because I don't want all of that drama and confusion. Yes, I know it is a double standard but that is how I feel.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM

if i were to become single i would date and if a man chose not to date me because i had kids, it would not bother me at all, thats his preference.. he doesnt want baggage just like i would not want to date a man with kids, because i dont need the extra baggage.

its about preference and what i want... there are certain races i wont date, but it doesnt make me a racist, it makes me not attracted to them, a preference, i also wouldnt date a man who made less than x amount of money, it doesnt make me greedy, its a preference.

but here on CM, if you wont date a man with kids, your a horribe person, if you dont date ALL races you are racist, and if you date a man who makes x amount of money or more you are greedy.

do you care that much?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I would date when my kids are grown. I will never bring another man around my kids. My dad never remarried or dated even tho we are grown and out of the house.
Kmary
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not in those situations, but I don't think one automatically dictates another.  Everyone has their dealbreakers.  If a woman does not think it would work well for her to date someone with children, then so be it.  But that doesn't mean that in the event of her becoming a single parent that she shouldn't date.  She may find a man who doesn't have that same dealbreaker and is very comfortable dating a woman who already has children.   I think everyone needs to decide for themself what they personally can handle.  Just because a person can't handle dealing with potential stepchildren doesn't mean they shouldn't date someone who could deal with potential stepchildren, know what I mean? 

Personally, I admire people who know their own limits.  But both members of a couple don't need to have the same limits as one another.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)