Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Women who will not date single man with kids....

If you are or were to become a single mother, then would you remain single until your kids are adults? 

I am seeing alot of women on here say they would never date a man who has children. So I am curious to know if those same women if they are single do not even attempt to date, or if those mothers were to become single, they wouldn't date?

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I would still date. Just a man with no children. Luckily I'm married so I won't ever have to be in this situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I think I would go the fwb route, no real dating while my kids are still living with me. Definitely no cohabitation.
SoKamele
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM

When I was single..............I would not date men with children. At all...ever.

I probably wouldn't date anyone if I were to suddenly be single......until my son was older.

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I told my self after 5 hellious years with ex and his son I wouldn't date a guy with kids and my SO who also had dated girls with kids said the same. I thought no one would want to date me or be with me having kids but I found SO and he was great with them and we fell in love and he fell for my boys too. He has no kids but we are expecting a baby of our own in May and that is a dream come true for him and I.am very happy! So I got lucky!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eztwins
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM
May not be fair but I wouldn't date a man with kids. If that meant I remained single so be it. I had requirements the first time around the dating pond.. I would have requirements the second.
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I just have to say that try are missing out on some wonderful men! Most ofte single men I know are wonderful, hard working, supportive fathers who give anything for their woman ad their children. Plus the already have experience with being A dad so there isn't really that shock factor when a man becomes a father for the first time. I married a man who was a single father we are now expecting his forth child my third. He is the best and most wonderful man I've ever met.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM

I would date whenever I found the right man but I would never be upset if a man didn't want to date me because I have children. 

jedwards2009
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I have no issue dating a man with kids. I would rather a date a man.with kids, they get it. Where as the men I've talked to who are childless just don't get it and get mad over the silliest things
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I won't date a man with kids because I do not want the baby mama drama.

It is not a double standard for me. I only have one child who's fahter's rights have been terminated. So there is and never will be drama on my end.

I expect the same from anyone I date.

demonica29
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I would love to find a compatible single dad. Unfortunately at 48 with a 5 year old, most guys near my age are way past the Kindergarten stage and more concerned with high school and college issues, if not grandchildren, LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN