Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Women who will not date single man with kids....

If you are or were to become a single mother, then would you remain single until your kids are adults? 

I am seeing alot of women on here say they would never date a man who has children. So I am curious to know if those same women if they are single do not even attempt to date, or if those mothers were to become single, they wouldn't date?

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Replies (131-139):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:28 PM
I'm a single mother an I'd actually prefer to dye someone with kids I think it would be easier
demonica29
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Just for the record, I love me some pilots. I dated one for a fair while and one of my best friends is a flight instructor.  Feel free to PM me, LOL.  But really, does he fly into Phoenix often?  

Quoting MagicTemptation:

I am in South Louisiana right near the Mississippi border. I agree, most around here seem to have their children young. I did, so did my sisters, mother, aunts etc.. By the time my sister is 43 her youngest of 4 will be 18. I am 27 now. By the time my youngest of 6 is 18 I will be 43. I do know a few moms who waited until their late 30s to early 40s to have their first. My best friend is in her late 30's and is pregnant with her first. 

My only son's Godfather has never married nor had children. He has been a pilot his entire adult life so it wasn't ideal for him to marry or have kids. Now that he is in his 50's sometimes he wishes he would have, although he loved his experiences. My uncle is in his 50's as well, never married, no kids. He was engaged in his early 20's, she cheated on him, he has stayed a depressed bacholoer his entire life. It is sad, he really loves kids and is always inviting ours over for bbqs and fishing.

Quoting demonica29:

LOL, not giving up. You must be on the east coast?  Out here in Arizona people breed YOUNG. When I'm home in Boston visiting, no one considers me and older mother.  Here, I occasionally get asked if I'm his grandmother. 

Quoting MagicTemptation:

I know a few awesome men in that age frame that are single, some have kids, some don't and wouldn't mind dating someone with small children. Don't give up yet hun.

Quoting demonica29:

I would love to find a compatible single dad. Unfortunately at 48 with a 5 year old, most guys near my age are way past the Kindergarten stage and more concerned with high school and college issues, if not grandchildren, LOL.

MagicTemptation
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

What color would you like to dye him?

:P

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a single mother an I'd actually prefer to dye someone with kids I think it would be easier

momof2girls89
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I became single and decided that I had enough drama as it is, and would not date a single dad. I found a wonderful man with no children that loves and accepts me and my kids :)

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I would not date while I had minor children living in my home, there's too much risk involved and my first responsibility would be to my children, not to myself.  After I had grown children I would date men with children that were also grown only.  No baby mama drama for me!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I honestly don't see myself needing to run out and find a man if something happened with my DH.  I've seen more men than not be a**holes to their step children, DH's step father being one of those "men", I see it every day on here as well as constant drama with the ex and with his children so it seems like far too much to put with.  I have relatives who have gotten with someone who had children with an ex and it never worked out.  It was an unending hassle for one reason or another.  I imagine taking care of my kids would be a bigger priority than finding another man anyway.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I would not date a man with baby mama drama.  If it is someone who can get along with the mother at least enough to co-parent then I would consider it, but if he would be constantly fighting with her about the kids I know I could not deal with that.  I cannot stand to see kids get emotionally ripped apart because the parents cannot get along.

Diane1223
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Depending on what happened to my husband, would depend on how long I would stay single.  I would not like to stay single that long, especially if my kids were little.  I would not decide to not date a  man because he has children, you can't help who you fall for. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I'd wait til my kids were over 18 and the child support would be over so then I can erase my baby's daddy from my life permanetly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN