Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Women who will not date single man with kids....

If you are or were to become a single mother, then would you remain single until your kids are adults? 

I am seeing alot of women on here say they would never date a man who has children. So I am curious to know if those same women if they are single do not even attempt to date, or if those mothers were to become single, they wouldn't date?

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
MagicTemptation
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

It kind of amazes me. I haven't seen it to ever be an issue. As long as the man is a good father, I wouldn't think twice about it.  I was a single mom of 3 when I met my S/O, he didn't have any children but adjusted to becoming a father figure extremely well. My exhusbands new wife didn't think twice before dating him even though he had children. 

If the man was a deadbeat father, then I wouldn't date him. 

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:02 PM
My boyfriend has two kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I had no issue with DH having children.  It was the hell it turned into that makes me say I would never do it again.

Quoting MagicTemptation:

It kind of amazes me. I haven't seen it to ever be an issue. As long as the man is a good father, I wouldn't think twice about it.  I was a single mom of 3 when I met my S/O, he didn't have any children but adjusted to becoming a father figure extremely well. My exhusbands new wife didn't think twice before dating him even though he had children. 

If the man was a deadbeat father, then I wouldn't date him. 

mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM

If my husband were to die, I would not date again until my children were out of the house. I would not have a step-parent for my children. While I acknowledge that there are many wonderful step-parents out there, it is not a situation that I want for my children.

anotherhalf
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:03 PM

If I were to become single I would only date men with no children.  I would probably remain single until my son was an adult, but I'd still date.

mamatocaleb
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I wouldn't date while my children were still in the house. It would be disrespectful to them, to bring another man into their lives. Whether their father was deceased or it didn't work out between us. That is how I feel.

MagicTemptation
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I know a few awesome men in that age frame that are single, some have kids, some don't and wouldn't mind dating someone with small children. Don't give up yet hun.

Quoting demonica29:

I would love to find a compatible single dad. Unfortunately at 48 with a 5 year old, most guys near my age are way past the Kindergarten stage and more concerned with high school and college issues, if not grandchildren, LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:06 PM
My So has a child from a previous relationship. He is the only man I've ever dated with a child. And so this has been the best relationship I've ever been in. I love his son, he loves my daughter, and our children love each of us. Everybody is happy :) Our exes kind of suck, but we deal with them together.
Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:07 PM
I sure as hell would & I'm married right now as of now, that'll never be an issue.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VannaMae307
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:07 PM

If I woke up tomorrow and was not married, I would remain unmarried FOREVER

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)