Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Women who will not date single man with kids....

If you are or were to become a single mother, then would you remain single until your kids are adults? 

I am seeing alot of women on here say they would never date a man who has children. So I am curious to know if those same women if they are single do not even attempt to date, or if those mothers were to become single, they wouldn't date?

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Replies (41-50):
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I have a never married friend who never had kids and doesn't want kids. She doesn't date men who have or want kids.
As for me, if I became single for any reason, I would remain single until my kids were grown, if not longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I raise my hand to admit i USE to say if i ever divorced i wouldnt date a man who had kids
Weeeeell
Never say never!!!! Ever!
Lol
Im dating a guy with kids
But im laying the foundation now as to what i wont put up with and what he needs to step up to

I laugh when i see those words i wont date a guy with kids
You just might end up liking someone
And later on find out he has a kid or 2

But i place my limit and standards. I "wont" date a guy with multiple children, especially from different mothers
That should tell you where that will go
I think a guy is more reputable if he has fathered a couple of kids from the same mother that he has been with for a longer period of time. And it also depends on the situation of the divorce too, why they divorced, if he has contact with his kids and if he pays CS. That tells you the kind of person he is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.thatsme.
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I would NEVER date a man WITHOUT kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2angels427
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Same here...

Quoting Lauriemom:

I feel the same way.  I have the right to decide what I want for my life, and if a man doesn't want to date a woman with kids, that is his right too

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

It would take a lot before I would be willing to date again if my husband were to die. I would not date a man with children because I don't want all of that drama and confusion. Yes, I know it is a double standard but that is how I feel.

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I would not date and probably wouldn't even when they became adults.  I would rather focus on my kids than potentially invite drama into my life for the sake of saying I have a man.

singlemama0905
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM
I'm a single mom...I prefer guys with kids of his own, though it's not a must. I won't date a guy who doesn't want more kids, that is a deal breaker for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
m0mmyheather
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM
If I wasn't with the father of my child, sure, it would be great to find someone who didn't care that I had a child with someone else, but I couldn't personally do it. If I hear my fiancé has been with a girl before we were together, I automatically want to slit her throat. That's just how I am. I couldn't put up with the mother of his kids being around or even the kids, as they would be a reminder of that person.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I would date when my kids are grown. I will never bring another man around my kids. My dad never remarried or dated even tho we are grown and out of the house.

Why?  My So who was a friend before we became a couple is wonderful for my kids. He never oversteps his boundries, and has always been there for my kids-especially my older son who had a hard time when he realized what an asshole his Dad had decided to be.

Of ocurse my SO raised 3 boys of his own and was a house parent in a house for troubled boys for about a decade-he really knows his stuff.

I don't think it is a BAD thing for kids to have other Adult influences. Now of course we ALSO haven't moved in together, and have no plans to do so-even though it's been  8 years now....better to wait until he retires and sells his house.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Yes, I would remain single. I would be a hypocrite if I were to refuse to date a man with kids when I am already a parent.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:18 PM

If I were single, I would not be looking for anyone with kids. I wouldn't plan on being single forever either though. Whatever happens, happens. I would prefer to not date someone with kids though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)