Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We bring home 5k a month and are still negative.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband brings home 5k a month and not only are we ALWAYS negative in the bank, half are bills don't get paid. Sadly we don't even have many. Rent, utilities, cell phones, and car insurance.

He thinks it's because I spend to much and I think it's because he spends to much.

I sure as hell am NOT going to cut down on spending if he doesn't. I deserve to get things I want too.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Replies (251-260):
CrystalPystol
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM
You need compromise on the fun spending you do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM

LMFAO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:56 PM
he's an e6 with 10 years in, we pcsed last year so bah changed from 1200 to 1400 in July and we also made about a thousand on the partial duty move, which is also income. I know how to read an les... under the ytd entitlements...

And its not possible that your dh only made under 30k last year. Base pay alone is 27,000. Non locality BAH... base line bah without a location for e4 is 704.90 for 2012. Bas was what 325 last year? So that's another 12,000 so your dh made at least 40,000 last year and that's if he wasn't deployed or had any other special pays.

Quoting Anonymous:

My DH made under $30k last year, he is an E-4, in for four years last year. Sorry but unless you tell us your dh rank and how long he is in for, I call Bs!

Quoting mylifemylove864:

Oh no, you are absolutely right about that... military families have no clue how easy and good they have it. There were just a few discrepancies that I wanted to correct. As women on here are crazy and take things so literally. :)

Military families have it very good.

Quoting SoltaniMommy:

I speak from my own experience as a DoD contractor.  

When I left my position... The transition was daunting.  I had just realized how catered the military really is.

My first point of business, was healthcare.  For my family of 5 costs me $2000 a month, where before it was a fraction of that... Cosmetically.

Then when it came to housing, that BAH you speak of is still money given to you by the government.  CONUS you live beneath BAH you get to pocket the rest.  OCONUS not so much.  So really it depends on whether or not you live above or below your BAH.

and then some, but this is (again) based on my observation and experience.  Things may have changed since 2010.

Quoting mylifemylove864:

Well some of that is true. Most housing is privatized and your BAH is just taken for your housing and utility is capped So if you go over you pay for it.

You receive BAH whether you live in housing or not. Medical is free but dental is not. Tax.free shopping is really no big deal... but commissary privileges are a big deal.

Quoting SoltaniMommy:

The military has a different lifestyle...

tax free shopping free healthcare and dental.  If they live on base, then free rent and utilities... Etc.

Military cannot be compared to civilian life.

Quoting mylifemylove864:

Lol that's not true at all. A married private makes 30,000 a year.

My DH is enlisted and made 68,000 last year.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Military only makes $15,000-30,000 a year :/

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

this also

60k is a joke in my area if you want to live comfortably

Quoting wkukid:

It's only 60k a year. That's not much anymore.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Exactly what I was thinking.

Op that is childish and your priorities are all sorts of messed up. What a great example you are setting for your kids.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband brings home 5k a month and not only are we ALWAYS negative in the bank, half are bills don't get paid. Sadly we don't even have many. Rent, utilities, cell phones, and car insurance.

He thinks it's because I spend to much and I think it's because he spends to much.

I sure as hell am NOT going to cut down on spending if he doesn't. I deserve to get things I want too.

Then you deserve to be in the negative too.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Immature. The both of you.
Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Why don't you write down every dime spent for a month and see where it goes.  Do you have a budget?  If not, no wonder you are always negative.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM

" I sure as hell am NOT going to cut down on spending if he doesn't. I deserve to get things I want too."

Priorities, my friend.    Enjoy that bankruptcy that's coming  down the road since neither of you sound like you plan on doing anything about your financial problems.  Oh, except bitch about it.  Because THAT fixes everything.  *eyeroll*

gingerszabo21
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM

So I take it your both blowing money on crap before the bills are even paid?  That's just the beginning of your problems...  Pay the bills first, then put some in savings, then figure out how much blow money you can each afford to have.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM

That is enough money that there is no reason to be behind. You both better stop being babies, and take a good hard look at your financial situation and get it together, or it will just get worse. 

alandou
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I would hate to see how you would react if you lived off of my husband's salary...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)