Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

confessions of a fast food cashier

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 172 Replies
8 moms liked this

1) please speak up. please. i should not have to lean halfway over the counter just to hear you

2) When you've finished an order, and paid me, please do not get pissed at me because YOU forgot to order something else.

3) Yes, sometimes we make mistakes with the money. No, I am not trying to rip you off. Please do not rip my head off.

4) Please stop saying "yo, let me get." My name is not Yo, nor does it say Yo on my name tag

5) I am only in charge of taking your order. It is sent via computer to the back, and they are the ones who make your food. It is not my fault that your food is cold. I understand your frustration, and I will talk to the kitchen staff. But know that I am not responsible for it.

6) Yes, I smile and am friendly. It's in my freaking job description. I am NOT flirting with you or your spouse.

7) Please quit getting your kids to take your orders for you. You should not get your 6 year old to order your food. For one, he can't reach the counter to give me the money.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM

bUmP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

ugh I agree, I have worked in several restaurants and fast food places in the last few years and though I usually work in the kitchen, I know exactly what you mean!

crescentstar2
by Anne on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I worked at BK for years, I feel ya

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:32 PM
3 moms liked this

The sad thing is all of these are common sense.  Or should be.  When we do order fast food, I see at least 2 or 3 of these things and it irritates me.  I'm not even taking the order and it still is frustrating to see and hear. 

MrsShipley21
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

What do you expect from a minimum wage job? A minimum wage job in my opinion is simply a job to help you get started in life. It is not meant to turn into your career. It comes with the territory sweet heart. That is why you better yourself so that way you can have a better job ^_^ BA BAM words of the wisdom right there :D

NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I was a manager at a fast food joint... I feel ya.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

i love my job. i really do, most of the people are awesome and my co workers are amazing. but just a few people can turn a great night into a sad night

Quoting crescentstar2:

I worked at BK for years, I feel ya

NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM
24 moms liked this

Which on the one hand is understandable, but why should somone who get paid minimum wage be treated with any less respect than someone who makes more than that? We can't all be rich.

Quoting MrsShipley21:

What do you expect from a minimum wage job? A minimum wage job in my opinion is simply a job to help you get started in life. It is not meant to turn into your career. It comes with the territory sweet heart. That is why you better yourself so that way you can have a better job ^_^ BA BAM words of the wisdom right there :D

Apollos82
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
And for the love of all things ice cream, don't ask if we have milkshakes at Dairy Queen! And NO. The Sundae School" jokes are not funny.

(I got both of those all the time while working at a DQ.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM
23 moms liked this

believe it or not, it can be a career. and i intend to make it one. the owners of these fast food chains got that way by starting where i am now. bam bam, take those words of wisdom there, darlin

Quoting MrsShipley21:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)