Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People receiving PA defend yourself.. **EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 151 Replies
3 moms liked this

I Am a mom of four bio-kids & one stepson. I have NOT always been on PA first of all. Second in my house we DONT drink, DONT smoke, DONT gamble, DONT do nails, DONT do drugs & am in a committed marriage relationship. We DONT receive welfare money, we DONT have section eight housing. We buy most our stuff from thrift shops garage sales, clearance racks. We only eat out maybe once a year. We own a van & another car where we live there is very limited public transportation. Without cars we couldnt get to work, my kids school (doesnt offer bus transportation) or grocery shopping. We are hard workers my hubby works 40 hours plus goes to college full time, inhis "spare" time he does homework. I had a job for five years I lost it, then hubby got demoted right after that . Note: he only got demoted because he wasnt making enough sales, he works retail job at a car part store. We care for four kids full time, one (my stepson) who has only lived with us for almost two years. My stepson came to live with us after we found out he was being abused by his moms boyfreind. We dont receive any kinda child support for him. My oldest lives with her dad & I visit her. I put in appilcations all the time.

PA people speak up for yourselves let nonPA users know we are not all loosers, trying to take advatage of them.

BTW we pay taxs.. We filed something when our stepson first came to live with us for his ex to pay support but she is fighting it cause she receives SSI

**ADDED ON AFTER POSTING: We DONT have cable, we only have Internet because my hubby take online classes.

So yeah the reason we need cars & cant take public transportation is: where Iive it runs about every hour it would take hubby 4 buses and about an hour ( if he caught each bus one after another) to get to work although its a ten min drive. also the dumb bus dont run on Sundays & hubby does work on Sundays. Not to mention there is very limited service on Saturdays he also works Saturdays. However we do carpool when we can. I have a car to get our kids to school there are no school buses, I go grocery shopping which would be two buses and wait long time with FOUR kids.. , and my kids do have FREE after school activities they go to like youth group at the church, plus I pick-up/ drop off my oldest twice a week (she lives with her dad & she is 30 min drive one way). I would have to take metra & one bus, and still walk one mile to get to her .    I live in Illinois, it gets pretty damn cold here. so yeah stand in the cold, have long wait times with 4 kids, hop from bus to bus.. to get 10-15 mins away to grocery shop & some how carry all the groceries while watching the kids

btw here bus fare is $2 dollars each for me, hubby, my stepson, and one dollar for my 9 & 5 year old my three year is free. also they no longer have bus transfers which means every bus you get on you pay $2 dollars thats $8 one way for hubby to get to work meanwhile we put $30 in his car every other week um so yeah it costs about the same... Hubby does 95% of the auto mechanic work we may need, plus we get a discount 10% because he works at a car part store. The few/rare times he couldnt do the work we asked our church freind to help him, the guy is a mechanic.. In the four years I have been with hubby I have been to a mechanic (that charges) like once and that was because someone gave me a gift certifacte for there so I got an oil change for free plus hubby didnt have to do anything.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM
3 moms liked this
Amen. I won't post our issue because I don't spread my business but good for you. The bashers will bash no matter what. They are hard headed and ill informed or just plain selfish and don't give a damn about anyone else. Here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Let me grab some popcorn.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

You may pay taxes but I guarantee you get more back at the end of the year then you paid in.

mamabear55
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM
5 moms liked this

I like the thought behind your post, but you reinforce the thought of all PA users being uneducated when you spell loser, "loosers"

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Child support can be taken from SSDI, but not SSI.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM
9 moms liked this

Good people having a hard time should not have to defend themselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Who really cares anymore because I sure dont.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't know why you feel the need to defend yourself. If you are not abusing it and trying to get off of it and better your lives financially then why try to prove something? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM

anyone on welfare gets all their tax money back and then some.  If you lost your job, get another one.  It looks like you had a low paying job, and those jobs are available all over town, including fast food.(NO you are not above that kind of a job either) Small business' have help wanted signs all over town, now get to it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Again, I just do not understand the need to post these stories, or the brag posts, and let the world know why you're on welfare.  This is not something anyone needs to know and why you would feel the need to show internet strangers why you're not a loser is baffling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)