Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am a nurse and I work in an abortion clinic

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm a nurse and I work in an abortion clinic.  What are your thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Replies (61-70):
kurmom
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM
5 moms liked this
I think that it is great :) Im pro choice, And I think that a woman needs all the support she can get when making that decision. Thank you for doing such a tough job!! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Quoting svolkov:

Yes after they scrape. So however u put it. I dont know how a nurse could do a job like that. Makes me cry just thinking about it

because everyone deserves adequate medical care.

for instance if a nurse didnt believe in transplants the patient still needs professional services which can only be obtained through education and experience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

The nurse that took care of me after my abortion was amazing. She made me feel like I wasn't a piece of shit but was a human being and accepted me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM
That works for YOU! Some people can't work three jobs.

Quoting svolkov:

Well im actually a behavior analyst but yes. Or get two

Jobs...or three.

Quoting 0Kit0:

And feed your kids with foodstamps?

Quoting svolkov:

that i would hate your job. i would rather scrub toilets at taco bell . 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting svolkov:

Yes after they scrape. So however u put it. I dont know how a nurse could do a job like that. Makes me cry just thinking about it

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not chopped.  It's sucked out.  When it's sucked out it comes in pieces.

Quoting svolkov:

tissue? is that what they call the chopped up baby at the clinics?

Quoting Anonymous:

1. I get irritated with the protesters.  They should volunteer their time in a children's hospital or battered shelter.

2. I can't look at the "tissue".  It bothers me.

Because my job is to the mother.  She will have an abortion whether or not I am there....so shouldn't she have a good nurse?

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes but alcoholics arent eligible for a transplant....nit really morals involved there. Yes everyone does. I would never want a woman who aborts to die or be maimed. I abhor all murder even if the woman made bad choices. I wish no one ever chose abortion...doesnt mean I think the woman is horrible.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting svolkov:

because everyone deserves adequate medical care.

for instance if a nurse didnt believe in transplants the patient still needs professional services which can only be obtained through education and experience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, it would actually. Maybe if there was a little more consequence to their choices, women might think before they have sex. And please don't go down the whole "what about women who are raped"  road because the percentage of women who have abortions because the got pregnant by rape is such a low percentage of the women who have abortions, not saying it doesn't happen just that is it a very small percentage of them.

It is a legal medical procedure. To insist that the procedure be performed by non medical professionals places the woman life in jeopardy. What purpose would that serve? 

Especially for low income women who feel abortion is their only option when they already have children to care for who they are finacially incapable of caring for?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

What would you say are the risks of a surgical abortion at 10-12 weeks? Is the procedure painful? What if you are sedated but not put to sleep?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Is abortion really as safe as Planned Parenthood touts it as? Not bashing, I'm very curious.

It really is very safe.  It's a surgical procedure like any other but it's safe.  The medical termination is of course safer.

Well, considering I had the same procedure at 10 weeks I will say it was pretty painful when I woke up from anesthesia.  This is the same procedure used for women who had a miscarriage.  I'm glad I can tell the surgical patients that I have had the same procedure done.  I personally had back pain for a week afterwards and took some Vicodin I had left over from a previous surgery.  We have women who stay awake the whole time.  Some take it like a champ.  Some scream.  Most are put into a twilight sleep.

The risks and complications are very rare but include: complications of anesthesia, perforation/laceration of cervix/uterus, hemrrhage, infection, incomplete/missed abortion, cramping.

Sekirei
by Nari on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:21 AM

yay for a job

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Yes. Your job is for the patient and I do think she deserves good care.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not chopped.  It's sucked out.  When it's sucked out it comes in pieces.

Quoting svolkov:

tissue? is that what they call the chopped up baby at the clinics?

Quoting Anonymous:

1. I get irritated with the protesters.  They should volunteer their time in a children's hospital or battered shelter.

2. I can't look at the "tissue".  It bothers me.

Because my job is to the mother.  She will have an abortion whether or not I am there....so shouldn't she have a good nurse?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN