Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am a nurse and I work in an abortion clinic

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm a nurse and I work in an abortion clinic.  What are your thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Replies (101-110):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Not to mention emotional damage and possibly not being able to carry a child ever again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

What would you say are the risks of a surgical abortion at 10-12 weeks? Is the procedure painful? What if you are sedated but not put to sleep?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Is abortion really as safe as Planned Parenthood touts it as? Not bashing, I'm very curious.

It really is very safe.  It's a surgical procedure like any other but it's safe.  The medical termination is of course safer.

Well, considering I had the same procedure at 10 weeks I will say it was pretty painful when I woke up from anesthesia.  This is the same procedure used for women who had a miscarriage.  I'm glad I can tell the surgical patients that I have had the same procedure done.  I personally had back pain for a week afterwards and took some Vicodin I had left over from a previous surgery.  We have women who stay awake the whole time.  Some take it like a champ.  Some scream.  Most are put into a twilight sleep.

The risks and complications are very rare but include: complications of anesthesia, perforation/laceration of cervix/uterus, hemrrhage, infection, incomplete/missed abortion, cramping.

That is extremely rare and would only happen if they needed an emergency hysterectomy.  This is the same procedure done to women who have a missed miscarriage like myself.  So don't tell me I will never have children again. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Holy crap, repeat customers. That's sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm being completely serious here and do not want to be bashed but I found out today I am pregnant and I plan on going to planned parenthood for an abortion. My fear is that I just had a medical abortion(abortion pill) last yr in October. Is there any way possible I can have another one so soon??

I know this sounds horrible but you ladies do not know my story. I spent all night last night crying. I feel terrible. Please no bashing

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

What would you say are the risks of a surgical abortion at 10-12 weeks? Is the procedure painful? What if you are sedated but not put to sleep?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Is abortion really as safe as Planned Parenthood touts it as? Not bashing, I'm very curious.

It really is very safe.  It's a surgical procedure like any other but it's safe.  The medical termination is of course safer.

Well, considering I had the same procedure at 10 weeks I will say it was pretty painful when I woke up from anesthesia.  This is the same procedure used for women who had a miscarriage.  I'm glad I can tell the surgical patients that I have had the same procedure done.  I personally had back pain for a week afterwards and took some Vicodin I had left over from a previous surgery.  We have women who stay awake the whole time.  Some take it like a champ.  Some scream.  Most are put into a twilight sleep.

The risks and complications are very rare but include: complications of anesthesia, perforation/laceration of cervix/uterus, hemrrhage, infection, incomplete/missed abortion, cramping.

Yes, this is safe.  I have seen them as close as 3 months.  We have many repeat customers.

Honestly, I don't know how they afford them! It's anywhere from 550-3000.  I could never afford that.  LOL  Birth control is so much cheaper.  IDK why they don't use it.  Plus, if they are having all this unprotected sex who knows what else they are catching. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Riiiiiiiiight.... But how often does that really happen? probably not that often. You've already said that you get repeat customers. They're using abortion as their form of birth control. I hope you can find another nursing position that doesn't require you to kill babies.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You mean that you can't look at the baby's mutilated flesh because you know that it's wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

1. I get irritated with the protesters.  They should volunteer their time in a children's hospital or battered shelter.

2. I can't look at the "tissue".  It bothers me.

Sometimes.  I don't think it's wrong if the baby is dying inside anyway.  Or conjoined twins.  Or will suffer horrifically from some condition once born.

HyrulianHeroine
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Those are your living standards.
Apt 400
Electricity never went higher than 76
Daycare free
Groceries 100
Cell none
Car none
Clothes I'm not a priss the ones on my back are fine.

For you not so much, for me then, yeah worked just fine :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting HyrulianHeroine:

i worked at taco bell and didn't need welfare, could afford my own apt, food, and daycare. Don't talk out of your ass

Quoting 0Kit0:

And feed your kids with foodstamps?

Quoting svolkov:

that i would hate your job. i would rather scrub toilets at taco bell . 

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  Minimum wage is going to pay me 1200/month.  Rent is 600, daycare is 400, electricity 200, groceries 300, gas 160, insurance on truck 40, cell 100, clothes 100, aflack 100, health insurance 200......yeah, not going to happen on minimum wage.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momma.meg
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Holy crap, repeat customers. That's sad.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm being completely serious here and do not want to be bashed but I found out today I am pregnant and I plan on going to planned parenthood for an abortion. My fear is that I just had a medical abortion(abortion pill) last yr in October. Is there any way possible I can have another one so soon??

I know this sounds horrible but you ladies do not know my story. I spent all night last night crying. I feel terrible. Please no bashing

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, this is safe.  I have seen them as close as 3 months.  We have many repeat customers.

yeah that part of it is ridiculous...some people use abortions as a form od birth control
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Sure sure. But repeat abortions can leave you sterile.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Not to mention emotional damage and possibly not being able to carry a child ever again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

That is extremely rare and would only happen if they needed an emergency hysterectomy.  This is the same procedure done to women who have a missed miscarriage like myself.  So don't tell me I will never have children again. 

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Glad you have a job
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Thank you for being supportive of a female's right to choose.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Riiiiiiiiight.... But how often does that really happen? probably not that often. You've already said that you get repeat customers. They're using abortion as their form of birth control. I hope you can find another nursing position that doesn't require you to kill babies.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You mean that you can't look at the baby's mutilated flesh because you know that it's wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

1. I get irritated with the protesters.  They should volunteer their time in a children's hospital or battered shelter.

Sometimes.  I don't think it's wrong if the baby is dying inside anyway.  Or conjoined twins.  Or will suffer horrifically from some condition once born.

Yes, but not everyone.  I am glad I am there for the women who need me.  Whatever their reason.  I will hold hand or hug her while she mourns the loss of her conjoined twins, or her trisomy baby.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Why don't you worry about your own career. Focus on not killing babies yourself. She doesn't kill babies either unless she is cafemoming from jail.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN